SWF problem

I’m trying to add a SWF file to my site. It previewed fine in Freeway, and it previewed fine in the browser. But I don’t see it when I upload the re-published page to my site. Any suggestions?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

How did you upload? Do you have a link?

Joe

On 10 Feb 2009, at 03:14, Peter DeArmond wrote:

I’m trying to add a SWF file to my site. It previewed fine in
Freeway, and it previewed fine in the browser. But I don’t see it
when I upload the re-published page to my site. Any suggestions?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I use Transmit to FTP all my files to my server, if that’s what you mean.

Anyway, I needed to get the file online right away, so I went back to my old workhorse that is no longer supported by Adobe, GoLive, and I was able to get the job done that way in a couple of minutes.

But I switched to Freeway because GoLive is a dead product now, and I’d still like to know why the SWF file wouldn’t show up on the page.

Peter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Freeway couldn’t be simpler. The steps to do this are:

  1. Drag your SWF file from the Finder onto the page in Freeway
  2. Move/resize the item to suit your preferences
  3. Go to File>Upload

That’s it.

If it all worked correctly when you previewed but not after manually
uploading then it’s most likely that either the SWF file went to the
wrong place or wasn’t uploaded.

Hope this helps.

Joe

On 10 Feb 2009, at 16:33, Peter DeArmond wrote:

I use Transmit to FTP all my files to my server, if that’s what you
mean.

Anyway, I needed to get the file online right away, so I went back
to my old workhorse that is no longer supported by Adobe, GoLive,
and I was able to get the job done that way in a couple of minutes.

But I switched to Freeway because GoLive is a dead product now, and
I’d still like to know why the SWF file wouldn’t show up on the page.

Peter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks for the timely reply Joe, I will try it that way. I read in the knowledge base to first create an HTML item and drag the SWF file to that, so that’s what I tried. I’ll try just dragging it onto a new page.

Peter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

It should just work, either way you do it. The only exception would be
if your Flash movie “requires” or “includes” external resources. Some
movies will call other movies, and depend on those external resources
being available at a specific relative location. If you moved those
files into your Site folder manually, Freeway will ignore them at
best, or delete them at worst. To add external files, use the Extra
Resources or Upload Stuff Actions, both at ActionsForge. That will
allow you to use Freeway’s built-in file transfer, which will in turn
give you the easiest experience with deploying your site.

Walter

On Feb 10, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Peter DeArmond wrote:

Thanks for the timely reply Joe, I will try it that way. I read in
the knowledge base to first create an HTML item and drag the SWF
file to that, so that’s what I tried. I’ll try just dragging it
onto a new page.

Peter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sometime around 10/2/09 (at 11:33 -0500) Peter DeArmond said:

I use Transmit to FTP all my files to my server, if that’s what you mean.

For now, try using Freeway’s upload feature. Transmit is my all-time
favourite FTP client, but if you’re learning a new app and you want
to sort out problems the best thing to do is to walk the path that
the app expects. Later you can use Transmit if you like (perhaps
mirroring your local ‘site’ folder to make life easier) - but start
off the plain vanilla way.

k


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Indeed, that turned out to be the problem. It works fine now. Thanks to everyone for the quick replies!

Peter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options