Upcoming News re Freeway

Again I must say that I am much relieved to learn that my beloved Freeway Pro will be around now maybe much longer than me! (I was terminal two years ago at this time and ended up getting an experimental aortic heart valve popped in without open heart surgery)

Years ago, like in 1997 I knew that sooner or later I would not be able to continue doing my electrical contracting and the isolation of ceiling mounted surgical microscopes and started to study SEO in the summer of 97, a year before Google was on the net.

Being SEVERLY dyslexic I can not do any real coding and never intended to learn it really. I bought my first computer that same year because I saw it all coming together, the decades long visions in my head, multimedia and broadband. It was finally becoming possible and it was a very exciting time for me and though I had a very complex business dealing in the world of micro surgery, I did not have all that much intensions of using the computer for business as I did to learn multi media and the web.

Next month makes it twenty years I’ve been using a computer, always a Mac. My first three paid for applications were Photoshop 3, QuickTime 3 Pro and Netscape. (Yes, I paid $35 for Netscape!)

The amazing thing about the Mac and the applications made for it, especially back then was the fact that all you needed was the thoughts in your head and the determination to make it happen with multi media. You picture in your mind what you want and tell that to the software and then the software itself writes the code. PERFECT!

Started using PageMill around 2000, moved on to GoLive and a few years later got screwed on GoLive 9 and in January 2009 I started using FWP as my web software. The beauty of FWP is that you do not have to be a “pro” at anything to make a website basically as you want. Granted, I am not an artist and have little graphic training whatsoever, so my web design is not the best visually.

But here’s where I found FWP to really help me make most of my living these days. It really allows me to create my style of organic SEO that puts my clients at the top of the search results on the first page. To me the very most important aspect of any business website is the careful plotting and planning of building a solid foundation in SEO and then build the design around the needs of the SEO for that client.

My clients’ competition all mostly use WP or another CMS web builder and I find that truly puts me to the advantage right from the start. A complex “backend” can and does really screw with SEO and you’re best not to use it when you can.

The way that I can manipulate how I want the directories in a site, how I can name the URLs and many other little things that are just common sense to my SEO seem to be a tough thing to maneuver with the CMS systems. And the search engines are not reading a ton of crap before it finds the SEO parts it wants to read like it does in a CMS.

Granted, I need to learn more HTML and CSS now these days. But after a week of trying to use Pinegrow, I am so GLAD that I can still use FWP and keep doing what I have been doing!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: