Upcoming News re Freeway

I’ve been a Freeway Pro user since 2004, when I wanted to build a batch of websites without learning coding, but rely upon my knowledge of Adobe products.

Freeway fit the bill. I probably didn’t have to spend more than a couple of hours looking up things in the manual before I had everything down. And I found that the updates occurred often enough for the software to be current (according to my limited expertise), but not a case of updateitus, where you’d have to worry about endless conflicts.

I don’t do much with the websites I administrate; just make changes when necessary. But I was so concerned about not being able to update my MAC OS on a regular basis that I installed the MAC 10.11.3 on a virtual machine with VM Fusion and transferred all of my freeway stuff to that virtual machine. For a reason I could not determine, Freeway worked fine, except that I could not add text or select existing text to modify. After 3 hours of trying to find a solution, I was getting ready to create another VM with a lower version of El Capitan, 10.11.

Before doing that I checked the Softpress website and discovered that they have been exhumed. Naturally I am grateful. Like everyone, I’d love to know when one could expect FW to be Sierra compliant.

Not that I am complaining, mind you. I’m an old guy who was a techie “back in the day,” having been retired 8 years, and not looking to haunt all of the boards to figure out the latest tweaks. I just want my stuff to work so I can go onto other things.

So best to Jeremy et al. I hope that the transition to Swift based code works out, and that we’ve many years to go with such an intuitive and friendly product.

greg

greg

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: