Upcoming News re Freeway

Dave, why not add a drop shadow behind your CSS menus like I do on my Freeway-created site here?

Here’s the CSS I use within the HTML markup dialog (before ) to make the shadows appear:

I never use an email client to post to this list. I simply receive email notifications that replies have appear, then I come here with Safari and do my thing. Because we cannot EDIT or DELETE posts (for reasons I already know), I am very cautious about posting, which is why I noticed the URL missing in the Preview. The Preview is my Savior! It keeps me from posting a train of separate posts which can be hard to read and boggle up discussions. But since you cannot access the server to fix the problem, I guess it cannot be helped. So I will conduct a truly “blind” test here to see if a CSS Gist will come through as I expect…

The following is a copy/paste of the “Embed” URL (with SCRIPT tags) at GitHubGist:

A lot of sites that use menus don’t use shadows for some reason. I know that “flat” is all the rage, but I like to be practical. Flat may be the in-thing, but I don’t see MacOS ditching shadows behind menus or dialogs. Imagine what hell that would bring, making importing things blend into content beneath! That’s why I added shadows to my CSS menus in my Freeway sites. The menus look more natural (like your computer) and they don’t bend in with content beneath.

Food for thought!

Best,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: