Useful function to get complete URL of current page

Tim,

I too am using Site Mapper 1.5.3 on Freeway Pro 7.1.3 along with the Site Mapper Location action 1.0. I have the Site Mapper 1.5.3 action applied to the folder containing all my web pages and “Change frequency” is set to “Weekly” but still I get dirtied pages about every 24 hours. And when they happens I must Publish the site twice before all pages stop dirtying themselves. I consider that strange. You’d think that the first Publish would do it, but it doesn’t. If I Publish all pages and then go to Upload, it builds the pages again before uploading. But usually after that I am good until the next day. I’ve been using this Action for ages, and I use Freeway often, so this is a painful part of my daily routine.

Because of the page dirtying problem, I’ve long wanted to ditch the action entirely, but I want site maps and using this action is the easiest way to not only get the Site Map built automatically but ping the search engines automatically too. Nothing else I’ve seen online (third party site mappers) does all that.

Thank you for the code-change suggestion. If I delete those 4 lines, you are telling me that the Action won’t dirty the entire site anymore (bringing great joy to my soul), but you are also telling me that if the Action needs to update itself, it would create a partial Site Map (which is bad). Since there is no way for me to confirm WHEN the Action thinks it needs to update itself (again, my “Weekly” setting doesn’t seem to be working since my site dirties itself every 24 hours), the Action might in fact try to update daily, and in that case I would have a partial (defective) site map most of the time, at least until I manually dirty the entire site with Publish Everything. What are your thoughts on this?

Many thanks,

James W.

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: