WebYep Questions

Hi,
as we should all be moving to PHP 7, I have a few questions about WebYep which I hope will be able to help me make the right choices to move a few sites on.

1 - Is WebYep 1 OK for PHP 7?

2 - As WebYep 2 is available, what’s the procedure for migrating to that version from WebYep 1? Does it matter if the folders are named in German or English?

3 - What happened to the Freeway Actions?

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

From the tests I’ve done no. Earlier versions of WebYep are toast giving the php white screen of death.

On 1 Nov 2018, at 13:20, Paul email@hidden wrote:

1 - Is WebYep 1 OK for PHP 7?

David Owen { Freeway Friendly Web hosting and Domains }

http://www.ineedwebhosting.co.uk | http://www.PrintlineAdvertising.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thought as much. We’ll need migration instructions then. There’s nothing in the documentation.

On 1 Nov 2018, 7:40 pm, David Owen wrote:

From the tests I’ve done no. Earlier versions of WebYep are toast giving the php white screen of death.

On 1 Nov 2018, at 13:20, Paul

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Paul
This is how you would migrate:

FREEWAY & WEBYEP 2 Actions

1. you will need to uninstall the old WebYep freeway actions completely and make sure you don’t have any active and I do that by launching a new freeway project and making sure I don’t see any webyep actions within any of the freeway dropdown.
  2. then install the new webyep (3.5) webyep actions
  3. open the freeway project and you should now see all the webyep actions are back and they are all numbered 3.5
  4. apply the new webyep folder config action to the root folder in the freeway site panel unless you had already done that using the older webyep actions. Please Note: You now must apply the config action because they are effected by that action (One ring to rule them all)
  5. adjust the settings in the config action by choosing your desired JS library (Mootools Scripty or jQuery or none ) etc.
  6. republish the freeway document. This should now completely rewrite the code snippets within each page with webyep 2 code ( if for any reason you need to write webyep 1 code snippets then you can choose that from within the folder config action and that will adjust all the pages with webyep code back version 1).

MIGRATING WEBYEP DATA

1. the first thing to do is use something like MAMP and set it up so its running locally and place the freeway newly published pages /resources etc
  2. download your old webyep-system folder
  3. place the new webyep-system folder (we are talking about WY 2 here) inside the Site Folder
  4. Copy all the files within the old data folder webyep-system/data/ and place them in the new webyep2 data folder

FINAL STEPS

1. go back to freeway and within the config action hit publish the Write Config File - WY2 button and locate the new webyep system folder. This should write over then existing config-inc file with your settings
  2. Launch MAMP and see iff everything is working

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR

Some older version of long-text freeway action can sometimes not be replaced by the new ones. I think this effects long text version 2.2. I think after that version the new freeway webyep 3.5 actions should replace them .

You do NOT need to set you data folder to cmhod 777 any more leave it as standard security cmhod 755

License files: in the past license files within the older data folders were targeted by hackers which wrote garbage within that file
you need to remove license files (you find that file within the data folder) in the nest release which I have just finished WY 2.1 this is done automatically.

WY gallery is probably the biggest change because in WY1 tables were used to construct the gallery and you basally chose the amount of cells you wanted within each row. eg 4 or 5. That isn’t the case in WY2. Within the Freeway WebYep action interface it looks very similar but the resulting code is very different.
One setting will be required to be changed and thats the amount of cells. You will now have to change that maximum number of cells in a row to a large number and thats because cells are controlled via CSS. Styling the webyep gallery item requires you to use Flexbox and I have uploaded a freeway example of those used here:gallery-example. This contains the styles within an external style sheet to help you on your way.
Other examples are being done as a type … eg date and timed loops example and slideshow examples.

NEW ACTIONS WITHIN - WebYep2

WebYep Markup-text.
this allows you to add raw code ( for example Vimeo embed code)

Updated actions within WebYep2
EVERY SINGLE blooming one has been upgraded.
If you purchase the Commercial version of webyep2 then the redactor Richtext editor is already installed and that also has a file and image upload system already integrated.

WebYep 2 can run on the php version 5.4. through to the latest php 7.28

Other things of Note:
Certain freeway developers have been testing the new freeway 3.5 actions and system and they are all wooing correctly, as far as we can see and as I said 2.1 will be uploaded to github soon which smashes a few minor bugs and at that time I will send out new freeway actions to all existing freeway webyep users.

But in the meantime and if it’s urgent then don’t hesitate to contact me directly and I will send you out the new actions.

All the best Max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

wooing !!! sounds like a Halloween ghost sound effect!!
Max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Can I ask a stupid question? How do I get hold of the commercial version of webyep2. I’ve tried the GitHub - maxfancourt/WebYep: Web Content Management System link but doesn’t appear to be any Freeway actions available. Many thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello Max

Can I ask the same question - be it stupid or not ? How to get hold of Webyep 2 ? And all the actions ?
I bought the Webyep 1 and all the actions and it was all quite straightforward. Now I am a little baffled about updating.

I have Weyep working perfectly on sites built in FW7 but now the client is getting mails from the host asking to check and update the php.

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ok I have found and downloaded WebYep 2 from GitHub. But I am still looking for the actions -3.5 - and the Commercial Version. Any clues anyone ?

I appear to have actions 3.4 installed - will they work with Webyep 2 ?
And how do I do resolve the php question - will that just work once I have got Wepyep 2 and all its actions installed - on existing sites as well as new ones ?

Thanks again

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

HI Richard you should now have the pre release version
cheers max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden