WebYep

When adding a link to a longText item is there a way to set the
target to _blank so it opens in a new window? I’ve been unsuccessful
so far.

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

What HTML level have you set your page to - does it not have to be Transitional for this to work?

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 20 Sep 2008, at 00:16, DeltaDave wrote:

What HTML level have you set your page to - does it not have to be
Transitional for this to work?

It’s set to XHTML 1.0 Transitional.

best wishes,

Paul Bradforth

http://www.paulbradforth.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yes it does need to be Trans. and it is. I couldn’t find any
reference to targets in the WY docs yet (still looking) so I’m unsure
how it would need to be formatted if it is indeed possible.

T.

On Sep 19, 2008, at 6:16 PM, DeltaDave wrote:

What HTML level have you set your page to - does it not have to be
Transitional for this to work?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

In your LT item the part that matters should be

http://www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html?target:_blank

I think!

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Maybe you should just ignore that becoz it dont seem to work - scratches head!

D


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Todd I could be wrong but I don’t think longtext supports target blank
but to make sure I would drop a line to Johannes at OBD just to confirm either way.

max


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the effort.

Max, I’ll do just that. It would seem a simple thing though, doesn’t it?

Todd

On Sep 19, 2008, at 7:59 PM, max wrote:

Hi Todd I could be wrong but I don’t think longtext supports target
blank
but to make sure I would drop a line to Johannes at OBD just to
confirm either way.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 20 Sep 2008, at 00:16, DeltaDave wrote:

What HTML level have you set your page to - does it not have to be
Transitional for this to work?

Sorry, didn’t look at the subject and thought this was directed at me,
so replied daftly.

best wishes,

Paul Bradforth

http://www.paulbradforth.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

To wrap this up:

When you format a link as http://www.test.com it should default to a new window, target="_blank".

But if you use <LINK:someotherpage.php Click here> it will open in the same window, unless I missed something.

More info, <http://tinyurl.com/3lhe9h>.

Todd

On Sep 19, 2008, at 7:59 PM, max wrote:

I could be wrong but I don’t think longtext supports target blank

but to make sure I would drop a line to Johannes at OBD just to confirm either way.

Hi todd yes thats correct

max


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Max and Todd

On the forum this answer isn’t clear - could you post it in a code block so I can see it please.

Thanks David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

If you format a link in a WebYep longText item like this:

http://www.somesite.com

then WY defaults to a new window, no further tweaking required.

However, if like me you want to format the link like this:

<LINK:http://www.somesite.com Click here>

then the link will default to the same window. Apparently there’s no way to strong-arm WY into using target="_blank". That’s the tradeoff. My issue was that this is how I wanted to format it and have it open a new window. No such luck.

Todd

On Sep 20, 2008, at 6:27 PM, DeltaDave wrote:

Hi Max and Todd

On the forum this answer isn’t clear - could you post it in a code block so I can see it please.

Hi Todd

I dont know if I am being dense or what but when I use your first example (copied from the forum)

   <a href="http://www.somesite.com">www.somesite.com</a>

I get

/http://tomnemma.co.uk/"<a

Minus the leading /

Displayed in the new browser window address bar. And a 404

Where tomnemma.co.uk is the site of the WY page

Is this a problem with how the forum is displaying the link?

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Very strange, I don’t know why it’s happening. However, this page
from the WY manual illustrates exactly what I was referring to,
<http://www.obdev.at/resources/webyep/documentation/
WebYep_Documentation_1.3.0/reference/long-text.html>.

Todd

On Sep 20, 2008, at 7:48 PM, DeltaDave wrote:

Hi Todd

I dont know if I am being dense or what but when I use your first
example (copied from the forum)

   <a href="http://www.somesite.com">www.somesite.com</a>

I get

/http://tomnemma.co.uk/"<a

Minus the leading /

Displayed in the new browser window address bar. And a 404

Where tomnemma.co.uk is the site of the WY page

Is this a problem with how the forum is displaying the link?

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yes I have looked at that page but it doesn’t outline how to format a link attached to text eg Click here - that will open in a new window.

Is it just not doable?

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

For anyone following the target_blank thread regarding links in long text items apparently it is possible (according to obdev) to override the default behavior when formatting a link like this:

<LINK:http://www.site.com Click>

but you need to edit the webyep.php file by changing this configuration setting from “false” to “true”.

$webyep_bOpenFullURLsInNewWindow

Todd

On Sep 19, 2008, at 7:59 PM, max wrote:

Hi Todd I could be wrong but I don’t think longtext supports target blank

but to make sure I would drop a line to Johannes at OBD just to confirm either way.

Thanks to Todd for getting to the bottom of this.

We both agreed that a link like http://www.somesite.com/myfolder/index.html was far too clunky just for a new page to open and as he says it is really easy to change the webyep.php file so that the normal link behaviour of

    <LINK:http://www.somesite.com/myfolder/index.html Click Here>

Will do a much neater job with the link just appearing as Click Here.

Thanks Todd

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

You’re welcome.

T.

On Sep 22, 2008, at 6:31 PM, DeltaDave wrote:

Thanks to Todd for getting to the bottom of this.

We both agreed that a link like http://www.somesite.com/myfolder/
index.html was far too clunky just for a new page to open and as he
says it is really easy to change the webyep.php file so that the
normal link behaviour of

    <LINK:http://www.somesite.com/myfolder/index.html Click Here>

Will do a much neater job with the link just appearing as Click
Here.

Thanks Todd

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

thats a new one on me…
cheers david


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options