White lines!!!, PC Explorer, Auction Seller Action

Hi guys,
Doing an ebay ad for a friend. Graphic only items, no layers, all “combine graphics” except the background image (if ticked - the whole thing goes haywire). All items have "fit box to graphic applied. Tim’s Auction seller action applied.
On a Mac - fine.
On a PC all the left and right hand sides have a white edge where the box edges would be.
Why? and how the hell do I remove them?
Any code I can insert?
Link: http://www.ten-uk.com/AM2BlueNew/

If I don’t apply the Auction Seller action - as a straight web page on a PC apparently there are no lines!?!

Cheers
Jonathan


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Jonathan,
What you are looking at there is a page part rather than a fully formed HTML page which is why the lines are showing up on the PC.
The code from the page you mentioned should be inserted into your eBay listing where, once the auction is live, it will form a fully formed page and the lines will disappear.

If you look at your original page in IE9 you can see the white lines appear;
http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php?browser=ie9&url=http://www.ten-uk.com/AM2BlueNew/
but don’t when the page is fully formed (as it will in the final eBay listing);
http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php?browser=ie9&url=http://www.freewayactions.com/test/helmet.html

I hope this explains why this is happening.
Regards,
Tim.

On 14 Jul 2011, at 10:49, Jonathan wrote:

Doing an ebay ad for a friend. Graphic only items, no layers, all “combine graphics” except the background image (if ticked - the whole thing goes haywire). All items have "fit box to graphic applied. Tim’s Auction seller action applied.
On a Mac - fine.
On a PC all the left and right hand sides have a white edge where the box edges would be.
Why? and how the hell do I remove them?
Any code I can insert?
Link: http://www.ten-uk.com/AM2BlueNew/

If I don’t apply the Auction Seller action - as a straight web page on a PC apparently there are no lines!?!

FreewayActions.com - Freeware and commercial actions for Freeway Express & Pro.

Protect your mailto links from being harvested by spambots with Anti Spam.
Only available at FreewayActions.com

http://www.freewayactions.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Tim,
No, afraid not. They appear on the ebay ad as well unless I’ve applied
it wrongly.
Item no: 110692872838
Nipped down to the library to see this myself, don’t have a PC to
check it on.

Regards
Jonathan

On 14 Jul 2011, at 11:49, Tim Plumb wrote:

Hi Jonathan,
What you are looking at there is a page part rather than a fully
formed HTML page which is why the lines are showing up on the PC.
The code from the page you mentioned should be inserted into your
eBay listing where, once the auction is live, it will form a fully
formed page and the lines will disappear.

If you look at your original page in IE9 you can see the white lines
appear;
Moved
but don’t when the page is fully formed (as it will in the final
eBay listing);
Moved

I hope this explains why this is happening.
Regards,
Tim.

On 14 Jul 2011, at 10:49, Jonathan wrote:

Doing an ebay ad for a friend. Graphic only items, no layers, all
“combine graphics” except the background image (if ticked - the
whole thing goes haywire). All items have "fit box to graphic
applied. Tim’s Auction seller action applied.
On a Mac - fine.
On a PC all the left and right hand sides have a white edge where
the box edges would be.
Why? and how the hell do I remove them?
Any code I can insert?
Link: http://www.ten-uk.com/AM2BlueNew/

If I don’t apply the Auction Seller action - as a straight web page
on a PC apparently there are no lines!?!

FreewayActions.com - Freeware and commercial actions for Freeway
Express & Pro.

Protect your mailto links from being harvested by spambots with Anti
Spam.
Only available at FreewayActions.com

http://www.freewayactions.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks for the reply Jonathan. The white lines still show up because the auction listing is being displayed in an iframe rather than being integrated into the main eBay listing page.

You can see the hosted iframe content here;
http://vi.ebaydesc.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&sd=1&item=110692872838&bv=safari&t=1310580829000&nv=2&js=-1&ssid=3&category=67052&ds=0&seller=ten-uk&caz.html

I’ve not seen this before from eBay so am a little confused as to how this happened. When setting up your auction listing did eBay give you an option to display the listing in an iframe at all? If you can insert the code you have (rather than link to your hosted page part) it should just integrate the design into it’s own listing template.

If you can’t locate a setting for this use the page source code from my example page earlier (http://www.freewayactions.com/test/helmet.html) which is a fully formed page and should work for you.
Regards,
Tim.

On 14 Jul 2011, at 12:07, Fox Holes wrote:

No, afraid not. They appear on the ebay ad as well unless I’ve applied it wrongly.
Item no: 110692872838
Nipped down to the library to see this myself, don’t have a PC to check it on.

FreewayActions.com - Freeware and commercial actions for Freeway Express & Pro.

Protect your mailto links from being harvested by spambots with Anti Spam.
Only available at FreewayActions.com

http://www.freewayactions.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Tim,
Thanks for replying.
My friend does the inserting into ebay bit - it’s his hobby business.
I’ll get him to try the fully formed page source code you’ve given me

  • thanks, but, unfortunately he’s got more items he wants me to do, so
    I need an easy way around this because it’s bound to happen again.

Also, he’s got other items on ebay that I’ve done that don’t do this,
even though, I’ve done them exactly the same way - and in this
particular case I’ve just adapted an existing document, which in
theory should just work.

Regards
Jonathan

On 14 Jul 2011, at 12:53, Tim Plumb wrote:

Thanks for the reply Jonathan. The white lines still show up because
the auction listing is being displayed in an iframe rather than
being integrated into the main eBay listing page.

You can see the hosted iframe content here;
eBay

I’ve not seen this before from eBay so am a little confused as to
how this happened. When setting up your auction listing did eBay
give you an option to display the listing in an iframe at all? If
you can insert the code you have (rather than link to your hosted
page part) it should just integrate the design into it’s own listing
template.

If you can’t locate a setting for this use the page source code from
my example page earlier (Untitled
) which is a fully formed page and should work for you.
Regards,
Tim.

On 14 Jul 2011, at 12:07, Fox Holes wrote:

No, afraid not. They appear on the ebay ad as well unless I’ve
applied it wrongly.
Item no: 110692872838
Nipped down to the library to see this myself, don’t have a PC to
check it on.

FreewayActions.com - Freeware and commercial actions for Freeway
Express & Pro.

Protect your mailto links from being harvested by spambots with Anti
Spam.
Only available at FreewayActions.com

http://www.freewayactions.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options