Xway b1

On 27 Nov 2019, 7:08 pm, chuckbo wrote:

to get the new keyboard, Apple’s going to initialize the hard drive and install the latest OS. I think it’s crazy, but that’s their policy

I’ve never heard of such a thing. I know Apple tells you to back up your data before your bring in your Mac just in case, but I’ve never heard of them initializing internal drives when doing a repair. Maybe they’re replacing the entire computer so you’re getting a new empty drive and that’s going to come with the new macOS installed? That seems more likely to me.

Anyway, instead of trying to use Xway and hoping to get the import feature soon, or switching to another app, the solution for you is easier. You have two options, both of which will let you continue to use Freeway Pro 7. One, use a VM to run Mojave on that Mac, as Jeremy described above.

It’s also worth looking at installing Mojave within a VM (that’s what I plan to do when I upgrade to Catalina). There’s a TidBITS article that explains how to do this:

Moving to Catalina: Keep Your 32-Bit Mac Apps Running with Parallels - TidBITS

Or, create a bootable volume for Mojave. Note that if Apple actually does give you a new Mac that doesn’t run Mojave at all because it initially shipped after Catalina shipped, this will not work. I’m 99% sure if they give you the exact same model you have but just a new unit it should be fine.

We actually discussed making partitions on APFS in the thread linked below. It’s a pretty slick process.

Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options