Xway feedback

Hi David

I’d also need access to adding code in various places on a page… after/before header, body etc.

This is definitely on our to-do list, and is mentioned under “Generic page markup” in the User Guide.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, I’ve been looking through the Tutorial but can’t find any mention of responsive menus or breakpoints. Is this something that would be associated with creating a Navigation box item? I can’t find where to do that. Thanks.

Hi Richard,

I’ve been looking through the Tutorial but can’t find any mention of responsive menus or breakpoints. Is this something that would be associated with creating a Navigation box item? I can’t find where to do that. Thanks.

Breakpoints are mentioned in the User Guide (page 14) as one of the features that we haven’t implemented yet.

Jeremy

Thanks for clarifying. It’s not mentioned in the Tutorial I have (created on October 25, 2019). Looking forward to updates.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for clarifying. It’s not mentioned in the Tutorial I have (created on October 25, 2019).

The Xway User Guide is a detailed reference manual. It’s not the same as the tutorial. You can open it by selecting “Xway User Guide” from Xway’s Help menu.

The first chapter of the User Guide lists differences between Xway and Freeway, and has a section titled “Missing features”.

Looking forward to updates

We’re working hard at it!

Jeremy

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 02:22 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:

Xway is a replacement for Freeway Pro and Freeway Express. We want it to be useful to professional web designers and casual users alike.

“Casual users” — I think that’s probably a large part (perhaps majority?) of us Freeway users, versus the professionals who typically post on the forum. At age 76 and with diminishing time and energy to tackle a new learning curve, I repeat my earlier-expressed hope that before too long Xway will be able to seamlessly open our existing Freeway files.

Otherwise, I (and perhaps lots of us Freeway users) would just have to create a virtual drive and keep it operating forever on Mac OS 14. Jeremy, is there any approximate timeline for adding this functionality to Xway — that is, to open Freeway files in Xway?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your feedback! We recognise that importing Freeway documents is important to existing Freeway users, and this is something that we’re planning to work on in future. At the moment we’re still adding features to Xway. We can’t realistically open Freeway files until Xway has (at least most of) the same features. How can we import form items when Xway doesn’t yet support form items, for example?

You can track our progress by looking at beta versions and the documentation that accompanies them. The Xway User Guide (which you can open from Xway’s Help menu) contains an incomplete list of features that are currently missing from Xway, including the ability to read Freeway documents. We’re currently at b1, but we hope to release b2 in January or February of next year, and other beta versions after that.

We’re working as hard as we can, and progress is much faster than it ever was with Freeway, but it’s going to take us a while to get there.

Jeremy