[xway-talk] Xway feedback

Due to bad weather this Boxing Day holiday I have had the chance to give Xway a look at.

My Driving School website was built from Freeway 7 and has stood me in good stead. So decided to reproduce the site on Xway’s platform as much as I could and get back into website publication (mine at least).

One question at present, does Xway allow for floating boxes, say in order to float text on top of a graphic/photograph or is it down some other way now? I’ve looked through both tutorials but I’m none the wiser.

Thank you and a Happy New Year to one and All.

Regards,

Peter Aisthorpe-Buckley
http://w121som.co.uk

Hi Peter,

Xway doesn’t currently support floated boxes - this is listed as a missing feature on page 13 of the User Guide, which you can open from Xway’s Help menu.

However, if you need to float a graphic, and you don’t mind not seeing it floated in Xway’s Page view, you can do this by adding an extended property to the graphic box:

1. Select the box
  2. Open the “Extended Properties” section in the Box Inspector
  3. Click on the + button
  4. Type “float” for Name and “left” or “right” for Value
  5. Press Return

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your quick reply. I thought that was the case. I’m in no huge rush to up grade just yet. I just felt like getting back into creative mood. I’ll try your work around and see if it does what I want.

Peter A-B

On 27 Dec 2019, at 10:16, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

Hi Peter,

Xway doesn’t currently support floated boxes - this is listed as a missing feature on page 13 of the User Guide, which you can open from Xway’s Help menu.

However, if you need to float a graphic, and you don’t mind not seeing it floated in Xway’s Page view, you can do this by adding an extended property to the graphic box:

1. Select the box
  2. Open the “Extended Properties” section in the Box Inspector
  3. Click on the + button
  4. Type “float” for Name and “left” or “right” for Value
  5. Press Return

Jeremy