Action and External Java Script

Is it possible to run a different actions an additional the external java script action with a iquery on one site? Because it seems that the external java script action is blocking all the other actions on the site?
Please help me !!THX

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

All of the built-in Actions (and a great majority of the user-written ones) use Prototype.js, not jQuery. Prototype and jQuery do very similar things, but they do them in different ways. Both of these libraries define a function named $(), and so you can’t use both of them at the same time without one or the other glitching out.

If you are an expert, you can engage the jQuery noConflict mode, which works around this issue. This should be considered a very worst last option. There are two reasons for this:

1. Each of these libraries is non-trivially sized, and they both do more or less the same thing. Using both would be like stacking two cars, getting in the bottom one, and driving to the store.
  2. If you are capable enough to engage noConflict mode, you are also capable enough to rewrite your Prototype effects as jQuery effects, and your user experience will be much better (less code, no conflicts because you’re not redefining the $() method).

The External JavaScript Action is really old, and I don’t recall how it works internally. I doubt that it wipes out or blocks other actions, rather I expect that if you are linking to jQuery, you are getting the classic error by loading both Prototype and jQuery.

The Protaculous 2 Action allows you to link to jQuery, and if you do, will add the jQuery noConflict function to your page. But I still don’t recommend that.

http://www.actionsforge.com/actions/protaculous-2

Walter

On Jun 21, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Basti via freewaytalk email@hidden wrote:

Is it possible to run a different actions an additional the external java script action with a iquery on one site? Because it seems that the external java script action is blocking all the other actions on the site?
Please help me !!THX

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

WALTER, Thank you very much for your Post and for the workaround TIP !!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden