Add info to gallery

Hallo!

A few requests / ideas… :slight_smile:

For us a bit html challenged… would it be possible to provide means within Exhibeo to add some text to a published gallery?

I think a left (or right) margin / column would be nice - limited to the gallery overview page - not when displaying individual photos. And an input field in the Customise theme section to add basic text and links.

An alternative would be to, in one place, be able to add the same text in the below fields for all photos in a gallery:

Also - how about a field to replace the name/title of the pages generated:

“Exhibeo Preview: Thumblie”

to something that I can choose and type into a input field in the Customise theme section.

Thanks!

//

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the feedback!

For us a bit html challenged… would it be possible to provide means within Exhibeo to add some text to a published gallery?

I think a left (or right) margin / column would be nice - limited to the gallery overview page - not when displaying individual photos. And an input field in the Customise theme section to add basic text and links.

If you want to add text describing a gallery, I think that is something you could easily do in Xway. E.g. by putting a box containing the text next to the gallery.

If you use Xway, you can also change the title of your gallery page quite easily.

Xway is currently available as a free beta. To import an Exhibeo gallery:

1. Export it “to Xway” from within Exhibeo
  2. Import the exported file as a component with Xway (choose Component from the Insert menu)

Jeremy

Thanks for the suggestion. However this complicates my process in a way that is not desirable. It feels also like a lock in to buy more products wich I’m not willing to do.

But of course I see that from your point it makes perfect sense :wink:

But for the end user its more things to keep track of and more dearer.,… :-/

A free beta is only a way to let a customer do your testing job really… so…

//

Xway is a free beta because we want to add a few more features before we start selling it, but the code is release quality. The current version won’t expire - you aren’t locked in if you decide you don’t want to upgrade to a paid version (when that is available).

Thanks!

I don’t want to go inte debate about this and I have full respect for your business decisions. My feelings is that it is kind of at least a process lock in :slight_smile:

I always have the possibility to improve my html skills… but I thought it was a fair idea and request for a feature of the Gallery generator - that some sort of general description could go along with the gallery and not only per picture… it seemed to me as a prudent characteristic of the product.

What say you?

And how about to replicate the first per picture information for all of the rest pictures? Like “add this for all picture” check box?

//

We’re open to suggestions, but if you don’t want to use Xway I think your best option (for now) is to edit the HTML. Changing a page title is easy, and adding a box with a description isn’t difficult.

Exhibeo is designed to create galleries that can be used with a visual web-design application (such as Xway) or with hand-coded HTML.

Thanks!

and the “make same for all pictures” function?

//