Adding a CAPTCHA to your Freeway form

I bought easiCaptcha and easiForm from easibase and am absolutely delighted. It is a super product and, more importantly, the support is quite excellent. I had personal guidance in adapting the scripts for my own needs, plus advice on uploading.

It’s the best money I have spent on my Mac since buying my iMac G5.

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

There are now actions available for form creation with easiForm and easiCaptcha in Freeway.

Example forms are available for download along with the actions from: easibase.com/freeway/freewayactions.php

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The tutorial is at: Tutorial: easiCaptcha With Freeway shows as ERROR, has anyone got a copy they could let me have. Also dropping the action PHP’ easiCaptcha.fwaction’ does not show in the actions menu on Freeway

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

Are there any tutorials for placing a Captcha that work, all the above just have and error reply when clicked.

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

The whole Easi-form system has been abandoned by its developer, apparently.

If you have some experience with hand-coding, you can add the ReCAPTCHA feature from Google to your form. If you don’t want to hand-code, there are “honeypot” features (imagine this as an invisible CAPTCHA, that your users don’t interact with) in both the PHP Feedback Form (download at ActionsForge.com) and the Send Form Action (built into Freeway 7).

When you enable those, an invisible form element is added to your contact form. Any bot will fill it in, because bots can’t read or understand anything. Humans (even those using screen readers) will not see the field, so they won’t fill it in. If the field is populated, then your server will simply show the thanks page and not send the form submission on to you.

Walter

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

Walter, Thanks for the reply but I have issues:-

1 - I only get an error page when trying to see the Demo of PHPeasiCaptcha and the PHP easiCaptcha and PHP easiForm download I have placed in the Applications/Freeway folder does not appear to be anywhere in the action menus.
2- The built in captcha of the Send Form Action I cannot detect at all and I am using Freeway Pro 7.
Please advise.

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

The EasiCaptcha (and all the other Easi extensions) have been abandoned by their developer. You’ll have to try something else. When you say that the built in CAPTCHA in Send Form cannot detect, realize that no CAPTCHA can protect you from the “room full of poorly-paid people” attack. Real humans can solve these puzzles, that’s why spammers hire/conscript people to solve them. If you’re really being attacked by someone determined, they WILL get through.

Walter

On Dec 5, 2018, at 5:52 AM, Nicholas Robertson email@hidden wrote:

Walter, Thanks for the reply but I have issues:-

1 - I only get an error page when trying to see the Demo of PHPeasiCaptcha and the PHP easiCaptcha and PHP easiForm download I have placed in the Applications/Freeway folder does not appear to be anywhere in the action menus.
2- The built in captcha of the Send Form Action I cannot detect at all and I am using Freeway Pro 7.
Please advise.

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walt

I am using the Send Form action in Freeway 7. Can you tell me where to find this ‘Honeypot’ feature you mention.

Regards
Kevin

On 4 Dec 2018, 3:51 pm, waltd wrote:

If you have some experience with hand-coding, you can add the ReCAPTCHA feature from Google to your form. If you don’t want to hand-code, there are “honeypot” features (imagine this as an invisible CAPTCHA, that your users don’t interact with) in both the PHP Feedback Form (download at ActionsForge.com) and the Send Form Action (built into Freeway 7).

When you enable those, an invisible form element is added to your contact form. Any bot will fill it in, because bots can’t read or understand anything. Humans (even those using screen readers) will not see the field, so they won’t fill it in. If the field is populated, then your server will simply show the thanks page and not send the form submission on to you.

Walter

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

I don’t have a Mac that can run Freeway handy. It’s not labeled Honeypot explicitly, but it will be labeled something that infers that it will add a hidden element to the form.

Walter

On Jun 21, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Kevin McElligott email@hidden wrote:

Hi Walt

I am using the Send Form action in Freeway 7. Can you tell me where to find this ‘Honeypot’ feature you mention.

Regards
Kevin

Walter

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

I downloaded the latest version of Freeway, and read through the source code of the Action. As best I can tell, the spam trap is always active. At least I was unable to locate any reference to switching it off or on.

Walter

On Jun 21, 2021, at 10:03 AM, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

I don’t have a Mac that can run Freeway handy. It’s not labeled Honeypot explicitly, but it will be labeled something that infers that it will add a hidden element to the form.

Walter

On Jun 21, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Kevin McElligott email@hidden wrote:

Hi Walt

Regards
Kevin

Walter

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Walt. In that case I think I need to look elsewhere for what is causing the problem and not at the form itself. I appreciate your time and help.

Kevin

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden