What the Action can do: This Action lets you do the following:
- It lets you choose custom fading effects on an imported image.
To apply the Action, select a graphic item containing an imported image, go to Item>Actions and choose Advanced Fade. With the item selected, see the options in the Actions palette:
- Enabled: This option is checked by default. When checked you will see a live preview of the effects applied when options are used in the Actions palette. To see a "before and after" of the original image (with and without the Action applied), switch the Enabled option on and off. Remember to leave it checked when you have finished.
- Direction: Choose between Horizontal and Vertical as the aspect in which the fade effect will be applied. Note that it is not possible to apply fade effects at a specified angle.
- Transparency: Choose levels of transparency in five locations, which are Left, Left/Center, Center, Right/Center and Right when Horizontal is chosen for the Direction; or Top, Top/Center, Center, Bottom/Center and Bottom when Vertical is chosen for the Direction.
- Reverse: Click on this button to swap the direction (left-right to right-left or top-bottom to bottom-left) of the fading effects.