[ANN] Inlay plans for the future

I launched the Inlay “static CMS” a couple of years ago, and while there were a few early adopters, it’s mostly been just popular enough to pay its bills. Last weekend, I put a new list up on my chalkboard. This summer is going to be a ‘summer of Inlay features’, and hopefully a refinement of the entire editing workflow.

My goal is to make Inlay the “well of course” option you choose when you want to provide an elegant and refined editing workflow for your clients (or yourself), without reaching for the code-book, and without spawning yet-another-look-alike-wordpress-blog.

First thing on the list was annual billing, because that was the first (and most frequent) request when Inlay launched. It was also something I had put off for a long time, because there were shockingly many dependencies hiding in that simple change. After a bit of refactoring yesterday, I have crossed that off the list. Those of you who need this (most in Germany, I find), it’s there now, and you can switch from monthly to annual billing at any time, or sign up for a new account with annual billing right from the beginning. Gold and platinum annual accounts get a ~2 month discount compared with the monthly price, too.

The rest of the list so far:

• Loops and lists: create one template object in your page, and multiply it within the same page using variable data.
  • An improved WYSIWYG editor: I have been looking at a lot of these lately, and am slowly gravitating toward one.
  • A return of the (cut at the last minute) front-end editor, where the owner and editors of the site can change content right in the site itself, no separate editing interface necessary.
  • On the marketing side: a video demo and a ‘sandboxed’ live demo to convince the skeptical.

So please help me out here: what would be on your list for Inlay? What has kept you from trying it or making it a part of your finished product?

Thanks,

Walter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I’m glad to hear that you are continuing to develop Inlay! IMO, Freeway has needed a solid CMS solution that is more integrated for a long time.

For me, it would really help if you had a “demo” of what inlay looks like on you website. I’d like to see what it looks like client side and server side. Ideally, you could upload a very simple demo site that we could play with so we could see what our clients see as they edit in the browser. Pulse used to have this on their site (I think it reset after 5 minutes or something, not sure how they did it). But, it was very helpful to me when I was looking for a CMS solution before the days of Inlay. I just looked and they don’t seem to have that on their new site.

I hope this helps.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On the marketing side: a video demo and a ‘sandboxed’ live demo to convince the skeptical.

Sorry, Walt, I just read this!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options