Announcement: Backdraft 2.1 Beta

Oh, nevermind, I see now that you are talking about Ian’s website.

Yep, that’s a common problem with the fixed header module. The issue is that it’s position is “fixed”, so it does not reserve space in the document flow (the following modules would slide up underneath it). What I’ve done to work around this is put it inside of an inflow wrapper element (inflow, so position is “static”) that has a fixed pixel height applied through it’s extended dialog. This way, the wrapper is in the “flow”, so to speak, and reserves space for the header to sit in.

This is a rather annoying solution because I’m hard-setting pixel values in a rather invisible part of the interface (the extended dialog), so when the size of the header changes (due to taller/shorter logo, more menu items), it no longer matches the height of the wrapper element which causes issues like the black bar you are speaking of (the header wrapper is set to 106px tall, but the fixed header is only 30px).

Ian, to fix this, you will need to figure out the height of the fixed portion on the header at the various breakpoints, then in Freeway, adjust the value of the height entry in the extended dialog for the fixedHeaderWrapper element to match.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: