Are there any ex-Softpess operatives out there?

I am just trying to resolve the problem I have when I’ve had Freeway for years, but then used the new updated Pro-trial version, then when I came to buy last week realised the news of the closure. Now I can’t use Freeway. I can’t open any Freeway files to update. How can I get over the problem with buying or obtaining somehow the new version so I can carry on using Freeway, or do I have to accept that the investments I’ve made over the years in Freeway have come to absolutely nothing? The older version won’t work on my newer machine and I can’t seem get the new version to replace the expired trial version… any suggestions? Any old employees out there who can help? Thanks!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

There have been lots of discussions about alternatives. Here is a roundup of some of those available that was posted a while ago - OSX Desktop Web Design Roundup - Google Sheets

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

And still Adobe Muse is ignored :slight_smile:

But well done Noel, handy thing to see. Thanks
Trev

On 7 Nov 2016, at 11:36, Noel Sergeant email@hidden wrote:

There have been lots of discussions about alternatives. Here is a roundup of some of those available that was posted a while ago - OSX Desktop Web Design Roundup - Google Sheets

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Can’t claim its mine - it can be found on a previous post on here - Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk
I think Muse might have been omitted as it is only available on subscription.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Muse is ruled out because of subscription?

As professional designer I happily spend more money or on a regular basis when I get a stable and evolving app (which will not appear again after some years).
In my view Muse comes close to FW and I make very good experience with it, especially when you are more the „design-“ as „code“- type.
Also when you use Adobe Illustrator a lot it is more than perfect, very good workflows.
Finally I can „design“ again (quite freely in Muse) and not be limited by strict grid layouts, which I found was a bit unnerving (for me personally) in FW7.
BUT I really don`t like to start a discussion again here. The right chemistry is necessary and the question if the workflow/main focus of the app fits.

Muse is surely not perfect, but which app is?
But for the completeness of the file and for the interest of other Ex-Freewayler similar to me, it would be good to see Adobe Muse too!

Perhaps the one who created the list reads this… :wink:

Thanks
Hanna

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Totally agree with you Hanna, weird that a small subscription is a problem
but spending hundreds of bucks for software and add-ons in one spending is
accepted. Adobe offers more then 20 topquality pieces of professional
software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign Acrobat etc), at approx. 2 euro
each per month in one subscription. Muse alone will cost you approx 4
euro’s per week. Two pints of beer will cost you more.
If you are a hobbyist, Muse is a much lesser choice, but as a pro, it’s
well worth give it a try.

Andries

2016-11-07 14:23 GMT+01:00 star-lights email@hidden:

As professional designer I happily spend more money or on a regular basis
when I get a stable and evolving app (which will not appear again after
some years).
In my view Muse comes close to FW and I make very good experience with it,
especially when you are more the „design-“ as „code“- type.
Also when you use Adobe Illustrator a lot it is more than perfect, very
good workflows.
Finally I can „design“ again (quite freely in Muse) and not be limited by
strict grid layouts, which I found was a bit unnerving (for me personally)
in FW7.
BUT I really don`t like to start a discussion again here. The right
chemistry is necessary and the question if the workflow/main focus of the
app fits.

But for the completeness of the file and for the interest of other
Ex-Freewayler similar to me, it would be good to see Adobe Muse too!

Thanks
Hanna

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If you opened a Freeway 5.x document in Freeway 7, you would have gotten a “backup” of that 5.5 document auto-created by Freeway, saved in the same folder as the original you opened. That file will have a “version 5.x” part to its filename, I think, somehow disambiguating what it is. That file will not have any changes you may have added using Freeway 7 in demo mode, but that’s not the same as not being able to edit further.

There’s no legal way to buy a Freeway 7 serial number from Softpress at the moment. They are in receivership, and I don’t think they can do much of anything at the moment without repercussions.

If you can find someone who will sell you a Freeway 7 serial number, you can still convert your downloaded copy of Freeway 7 from demo to paid using that S/N, and you will have the whole thing. I also posted a link to the FreewayPro CDN last week, where I uploaded a clean copy of the installer for posterity.

But you’re going to have to find someone who is getting out of the Freeway business, who will part with their serial number.

Walter

On Nov 7, 2016, at 4:25 AM, paul wallis email@hidden wrote:

I am just trying to resolve the problem I have when I’ve had Freeway for years, but then used the new updated Pro-trial version, then when I came to buy last week realised the news of the closure. Now I can’t use Freeway. I can’t open any Freeway files to update. How can I get over the problem with buying or obtaining somehow the new version so I can carry on using Freeway, or do I have to accept that the investments I’ve made over the years in Freeway have come to absolutely nothing? The older version won’t work on my newer machine and I can’t seem get the new version to replace the expired trial version… any suggestions? Any old employees out there who can help? Thanks!

www.getyourdrift.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks again Walter…. I can’t use my older version on this machine due to the licensing restrictions, so on in reality it looks as though I am going have to start again in something else… Muse perhaps….

Thanks again, Paul

On 8 Nov 2016, at 00:31, Walter Lee Davis email@hidden wrote:

If you opened a Freeway 5.x document in Freeway 7, you would have gotten a “backup” of that 5.5 document auto-created by Freeway, saved in the same folder as the original you opened. That file will have a “version 5.x” part to its filename, I think, somehow disambiguating what it is. That file will not have any changes you may have added using Freeway 7 in demo mode, but that’s not the same as not being able to edit further.

There’s no legal way to buy a Freeway 7 serial number from Softpress at the moment. They are in receivership, and I don’t think they can do much of anything at the moment without repercussions.

If you can find someone who will sell you a Freeway 7 serial number, you can still convert your downloaded copy of Freeway 7 from demo to paid using that S/N, and you will have the whole thing. I also posted a link to the FreewayPro CDN last week, where I uploaded a clean copy of the installer for posterity.

But you’re going to have to find someone who is getting out of the Freeway business, who will part with their serial number.

Walter

On Nov 7, 2016, at 4:25 AM, paul wallis email@hidden wrote:

www.getyourdrift.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

And in agreement with you and Hannah too Andries. I’ve been using Muse for quite a while now and love the regular updates and the freedom to design starting from a blank page and no enforced grids, the workflow with Illustrator and Photoshop. The CMS while not exactly what I’d prefer, does work easily - just did a training with a client who has an IT phobia for their updated website yesterday and she found it quite easy. Must say though you guys must be getting it very cheap wherever you are, considerably more expensive here, but then all IT is here!

Elizabeth

On 8 Nov 2016, at 2:05 AM, email@hidden wrote:

Totally agree with you Hanna, weird that a small subscription is a problem
but spending hundreds of bucks for software and add-ons in one spending is
accepted. Adobe offers more then 20 topquality pieces of professional
software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign Acrobat etc), at approx. 2 euro
each per month in one subscription. Muse alone will cost you approx 4
euro’s per week. Two pints of beer will cost you more.
If you are a hobbyist, Muse is a much lesser choice, but as a pro, it’s
well worth give it a try.

Andries

2016-11-07 14:23 GMT+01:00 star-lights email@hidden:

As professional designer I happily spend more money or on a regular basis
when I get a stable and evolving app (which will not appear again after
some years).
In my view Muse comes close to FW and I make very good experience with it,
especially when you are more the „design-“ as „code“- type.
Also when you use Adobe Illustrator a lot it is more than perfect, very
good workflows.
Finally I can „design“ again (quite freely in Muse) and not be limited by
strict grid layouts, which I found was a bit unnerving (for me personally)
in FW7.
BUT I really don`t like to start a discussion again here. The right
chemistry is necessary and the question if the workflow/main focus of the
app fits.

But for the completeness of the file and for the interest of other
Ex-Freewayler similar to me, it would be good to see Adobe Muse too!

Thanks
Hanna

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden