Backdraft 2.1.2 - Fixed Header Logo Image

Can anyone tell me why the logo image on the Fixed Header module disappears when the mobile menu hamburger appears (570 breakpoint) and how to stop it? I’d really like it to behave like the Side-by-Side Header. Thanks!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hello,

I use Backdraft as i am not professionally trained in HTML, however i am trying to learn (slowly) both HTML and CSS through the use of both BD and FWP and i believe the display of the logo (logoWrapper4) in question is controlled by the CSS Style sheet index.css which you will find in the Site Folder, within this file you will find the following code:

}
@media screen and (max-width:570px)
{
#fixedHeaderWrapper { height:59px }
#fixedHeader { max-width:542px; padding:5px 14px }
#logoWrapper4 { float:none; margin:auto; display:none }    

I am not sure if this is the correct answer, Caleb will know or one of the other more experienced users could comment.

John

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Roddy,

Hmmm…with the fixed header, the logo shouldn’t be hiding. However, try this: In Freeway, go to the 570px breakpoint and select the “logoWrapper4” element. Go to the third pane of the inspector (“Item output settings”) and make sure that the “Display” checkbox is ticked.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Caleb,

I did check that myself, before looking into the CSS and found that the Display Checkbox is Selected

John

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Caleb & ejw

Yeah, first thing I looked at but the “logoWrapper4” Display checkbox is ticked on all size breaks.

Roddy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Could you upload the Freeway file somewhere and send me the link?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sure, but this behaviour happens with the Fixed Header module “out of the box”… copy Fixed Header module from Extra Modules, paste into Master Page and preview in a browser and the logo disappears when the browser window is reduced to the 570px breakpoint or beyond.

Roddy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Aha, solved it. At the 570px breakpoint, select the logoWrapper element, and go to Item > Extended in the menubar. Switch over to the <div style> tab and delete the “display: none” entry in there.

I’ll add this to my small list of things to fix in the next release.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

BRILLIANT!

VERY impressed by speed of reply and solution!!! :slight_smile:

Really enjoying using Backdraft too! :slight_smile:

Cheers

Roddy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden