Big Sur compatibility

Anyone running the beta and can confirm?

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

It doesn’t work with the OS11 betas that I’ve tried. The program launches but no windows appear, except for the sidebar.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Inkscape doesn’t list dimensioning and scaling in its feature list.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I tried Inscape and it doesn’t hold a candle to intaglio. I have not found any equivalent (but haven’t checked for years).

Jack

On Sep 23, 2020, at 4:47 PM, Greg email@hidden wrote:

Inkscape doesn’t list dimensioning and scaling in its feature list.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Take a look at Affinity Designer. I’ve found all the features I needed, and it’s been just as simple to use for me. While they don’t yet specifically list Bug Sur compatibility, the product is popular and in active development.

As a long-time Intaglio user who was thrilled with the app, I’ve finally accepted it’s abandonware for whatever reason. I definitely got my money’s worth, and it was a great app - but I had to move on. I hope all is well with the developer.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for the tip on Affinity. Was it easy to open, or transfer intaglio files to Affinity?

John Whisman
707-694-2380

On Sep 23, 2020, at 2:15 PM, Eric Ridvan Üner email@hidden wrote:

Take a look at Affinity Designer. I’ve found all the features I needed, and it’s been just as simple to use for me. While they don’t yet specifically list Bug Sur compatibility, the product is popular and in active development.

As a long-time Intaglio user who was thrilled with the app, I’ve finally accepted it’s abandonware for whatever reason. I definitely got my money’s worth, and it was a great app - but I had to move on. I hope all is well with the developer.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Just glanced at EazyDraw (note spelling). Opened an exported SVG from Intaglio. Preserved layers which is important to me.

Tried to download from their webpage. Then tried AppStore and downloaded a demo version. Later found they have two websites eazydraw.com and eazydraw.net. The .net site is not current, the .com is.

$95 to buy and has subscription options. Only complain was that they had supported the app for years for free then without notice changed so you had to pay full price (although there was a developed response that suggested there might be a workaround).

Also from their site: "We’ll have you downloaded, licensed, and drawing in no time with our 9 month license ($20) or single user license available at our secure online store .

Our $20 trial license is a very popular option. You get a full use license, no limits or constraints, with free updates for 9 months. You may apply the $20 license fee toward the purchase of EazyDraw (download or Flash) anytime within the first 2 months."

Looks like a more complete app than Intaglio, but I only have the demo version and can’t seem to do some things. Unless I see something better I’ll probably give it a go.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden