Big Sur compatibility

one more update: I had the opportunity to check out whether Intaglio would run on a computer that had no yet upgraded to MacOS 11.1, but was still running the first Big Sur version 11.0.1. Intaglio did not open any window initially, but after doing the “new workspace” magic, an Intaglio window opens and also existing Intaglio documents open.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

On 21 Dec 2020, 8:11 pm, Carlo Beenakker wrote:

Ha, just after I posted this negative result, I clicked around a bit more, opened a “new workspace”, and somehow now it works, windows open, new and old. I’m unsure how this happened, but it is great news in these dark days!!!

I opened a New Workspace and name it “Big Sur.” Didn’t work. BUT after a relaunch of Intaglio, all seems to work.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am liking EazyDraw, but it’s more complicated and costs a bit. But much more drafting capability.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

another trick (alternative to this “new workspace” thing), mentioned on the Apple Support Forum:

Click on Intaglio application and “get info”.
Click on “Open in Low Resolution”
Open Intaglio: it works!
Close intaglio and untick “Open in Low Resolution”
After this, Intaglio opens normally, recognises all previous documents and works as expected.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

For me, getting Intaglio to work under Big Sur seemed to involve choosing the “Floating Windows” option under Window > Workspace. I think that is what did it…

I am sorry to see Intaglio not being updated. I just planned and managed my house remodel with it, it did a great job, many many scale drawings.

I am heartened some by the reappearance of an old piece of software I used more than a decade ago, Canvas. Canvas for Mac had died for some time, but now it is back. Canvas X Draw. $99/yr. I’ve just started playing with a trial. So far so good: it opened a 2008 Canvas file fully intact.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

You are a star! That floating windows trick worked for me!

Thanks! I can now transfer all my stuff over to Affinity Designer.

On 3 Feb 2021, at 07:06, Mike M email@hidden wrote:

For me, getting Intaglio to work under Big Sur seemed to involve choosing the “Floating Windows” option under Window > Workspace. I think that is what did it…

I am sorry to see Intaglio not being updated. I just planned and managed my house remodel with it, it did a great job, many many scale drawings.

I am heartened some by the reappearance of an old piece of software I used more than a decade ago, Canvas. Canvas for Mac had died for some time, but now it is back. Canvas X Draw. $99/yr. I’ve just started playing with a trial. So far so good: it opened a 2008 Canvas file fully intact.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Bingo!! The Floating Windows option did the trick for me. However, I had to re-launch Intaglio before it started working. Many Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

On 3 Feb 2021, 7:06 am, Mike M wrote:

Maybe there is hope for Intaglio if someone can pick it up.

I used Canvas before Intaglio. If I remember it was much more powerful program. But the new one better be good at $100/year. But maybe that will keep it alive. $40 one time for a program of this type is unlikely to support a developer. EazyDraw is about $100 one time and if that works for five years I’m OK with that.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I thought I was the first to find a fix, but I see someone else already mentioned it. Changing the workspace to floating windows did the trick, thank goodness! I haven’t found another application that comes close to Intaglio. I’ve tried calling the developer several times and left messages, but he doesn’t respond. I’d happily pay for an upgrade.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Just to confirm what my learned colleagues have posted. Using Mac Big Sur 11.2.1 and Intaglio 3.9.5a.

On starting Intaglio, at first no window will open.
Under the ‘Windows’ > ‘Workspace’ select ‘floating windows’
Leave Intaglio then restart it.

After this arcane ritual Intaglio seems to work as before.

Likewise Applications>Intaglio>File>Get Info>open in low resolution seems to work as well.

I have not checked every feature.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Could someone please explain the difference between versions 3.9.5 and 3.9.5a? Where is 3.9.5a available for downloading? Thanks.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Sorry Mike but this does not work for me. Plus, I have no idea where 3.9.5a is or if it can be downloaded. I’ve tried the Floating Windows thing some time ago w/o any luck whatsoever.

Bud Willner

On Feb 13, 2021, at 1:43 PM, Mike O’Connor email@hidden wrote:

Just to confirm what my learned colleagues have posted. Using Mac Big Sur 11.2.1 and Intaglio 3.9.5a.

On starting Intaglio, at first no window will open.
Under the ‘Windows’ > ‘Workspace’ select ‘floating windows’
Leave Intaglio then restart it.

After this arcane ritual Intaglio seems to work as before.

Likewise Applications>Intaglio>File>Get Info>open in low resolution seems to work as well.

I have not checked every feature.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio 3.9.5 works for me on Big Sur 11.2.1, I don’t think the version 3.9.5a is needed. All features are fully functional.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Mine will not even open Intagio drawings. Sorry.

Bud Willner

On Feb 13, 2021, at 2:06 PM, Carlo Beenakker email@hidden wrote:

Intaglio 3.9.5 works for me on Big Sur 11.2.1, I don’t think the version 3.9.5a is needed. All features are fully functional.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Floating windows plus relaunch of Intaglio still working. Floating windows alone doesn’t do it for me.

That said, a work around like this doesn’t bod well for the future or other unforeseen problems cropping up.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Relaunch does not do it for me.

Bud Willner

On Feb 13, 2021, at 2:45 PM, Greg email@hidden wrote:

Floating windows plus relaunch of Intaglio still working. Floating windows alone doesn’t do it for me.

That said, a work around like this doesn’t bod well for the future or other unforeseen problems cropping up.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden