Can I make my css menu like this?

Hey Dave,
If you have a moment could you look at the site I’m building with the slide out menu. I’m testing it. I’m noticing that if you click on “Paintings” to reveal sub menus that the hover effect becomes opposite of what it should be. This only happens in Safari. Wondering if you have that same experience? Could be Safari or maybe just my computer.

http://www.smartytest.com/KNelson

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Are we talking about iOS Safari/browser?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

No, desktop os

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ah I see what you mean! I’m not sure what’s happening ther without looking at your file can you save as an archive for me to download?

Is your menu made with the CSSMenu action?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Web Yep Menu

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

OK no experience of those.

Just a thought - have you applied the classes ‘shy’ and ‘sidebar’ to the original div ONLY?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Although I did try it with a CSS Menu and got the same. I also updated prototype to version 7.1.3 but that didn’t fix it.

How do I send for download on here? I have dropbox but never sent a download. I assume that you can create that in dropbox?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Save your freeway file as an archive and save it to the ‘public’ folder in your dropbox. Then open the ‘public’ folder and right click on the archive folder and select ‘copy public link’ and paste that link here.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

ok

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

have you done something to it as it doesn’t seem to be doing it now??

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Here you go Dave

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jo7v4t27brvj4eu/AAC_T8bRkSelPlvCPmCDQwsYa?dl=0

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

no

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

OK got it OK but can’t preview as I’m getting a WebYep PHP error. Any ideas??

Might be easier if we do this via email?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Could it be that “Portfolio” Tab causing it? I just drew it on to the sidebar.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

No, I removed it and still get the issue. It seems to be after an item is clicked. I wonder if I could have sub-links show on hover or just always be seen.

A question for Max.
Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Oh. You have to have web yep installed. Sorry. Change the page extension to index.html. In the actions window remove web yep ini.
You will have to delete the web yep instance and just ad some fake links inside of the sidebar.

Do you use a CMS?
Let me send another.
Send me your email.
email@hidden

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

No it won’t be that. I suspect that it’s the menu and Safari. If I try to mouse over the menu in safari then the sidebar starts to flutter in and out, it doesn’t do that in either Firefox or Chrome, although lower elements in the menu are getting cut off. Can you try a version with the menu removed to see what happens?

I’ve checked it on my phone and the menu doesn’t work well on Safari. You will also have the same problems that I had with sub menus, iOS will only let you have one ‘click’, so if you click on a menu item to open a sub menu then it’s more likely to close the sidebar before you can select the sub menu.

The solution is to get rid of the mouseover function in the script and replace with a button trigger to toggle open and close the sidebar. You can make the button out of your ‘portfolio’ div. Walter explains further up this page. Doing this may also solve your problems with desktop Safari.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I think it might be my css styles. Let me work on it. I removed them. If you look at it now with no styling it works.

http://www.smartytest.com/KNelson/

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 11 Feb 2016, 10:19 pm, billy kimmel wrote:

Oh. You have to have web yep installed. Sorry. Change the page extension to index.html. In the actions window remove web yep ini.
You will have to delete the web yep instance and just ad some fake links inside of the sidebar.

Do you use a CMS?
Let me send another.
Send me your email.
email@hidden

Billy

OK got it open in Safari without the WebYep menu and the sidebar works fine so definately something to do with the menu

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Can you show me what the code change will be for a button? This gets me into uncharted waters.
Where does Walter talk about that?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden