Can I make my css menu like this?

I see what you mean in iOS
Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

On 10 Feb 2016, 1:51 pm, waltd wrote:

You can trigger it from any event you like (even scrolling, if that’s your thing). Draw a box on the page, note its Name/ID in the inspector. Then the change is to replace this with your navigation panel’s name (so, navigation if you are still using the same script) and put the new name in place of where navigation is in the original script. Adjust this to suit:

$('boxName').observe('click', function(evt){
 $('navigation').toggleClassName('shy');
});

As you can see, click handlers are much less tricky than enter/leave handlers.

Walter

On Feb 10, 2016, at 5:44 AM, Dave Dunning

Here’s the post from Walter about adding the button function

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

so you need to replace the original javascript with the above and change ‘boxname’ to ‘tab’ if you want to use your ‘portfolio’ div as the button.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

re email, if you click on my name above posts you’ll see my email address.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ok. 'll work on this.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ok so I did it. Works fine. So I figure out the flutter issue. In my styling I had display: inline-block, instead of display: block. When I fixed that so went the flutter.

So I guess the only time to use the hover event part of this is when you have a simple menu without subs.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Good work!

Yes the hover event is only useful in simple circumstances. I also found out that it also didn’t work well when scrolling on mobile devices especially if the menu is in the Y axis. I was having a real nightmare with but Walters button code fixed it. Now I have a sidbar with an accordion menu that works and looks fab!

Just rfreshed your test site and yes the sidebar, button and menu working great on desktop and phone.

Got there in the end!

Re WebYep, I may well need to pick your brains about that functionality at some point as my current client wants to have some content management in the site I’m curently building.

Cheers
Dave

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sure. I know a lot about Web Yep. Worked with it for years and am currently beta testing Web Yep 2.0 for Max F. It is going to be nice but there are some bugs to be worked out. This spring hopefully.

Billy
Send me a link to you site with the accordion menu.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

OK great sounds good thanks.

Here’s the link to the page using my new menu, you have to reduce the browser window width to get the menu to show as I have a different menu for desktop screens, or view it on a mobile device.

http://stundesign.co.uk/miniscoff/how-to-use-and-recipes.html

Dave

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I like this site very much. Fun functionality. Is your menu CMS editable or Freeway CSS Menu?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi All,
So I built a “Shy” menu Bar on a website and it seems to be working well on all devices. Although my client says it is just stuck open on his Macbook Pro but on iPad and iPhone all is well.
On my Macbook Pro and Desktop it works. So it must be my clients computer. I asked them to make sure to allow javascript in preferences was clicked enabled. Is was.
So I’m stumped as to what the problem my be.

Any ideas would be helpful.
http://www.smartytest.com/KNelson/

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 23 Feb 2016, 5:18 pm, billy kimmel wrote:

Hi All,
So I built a “Shy” menu Bar on a website and it seems to be working well on all devices. Although my client says it is just stuck open on his Macbook Pro but on iPad and iPhone all is well.
On my Macbook Pro and Desktop it works. So it must be my clients computer. I asked them to make sure to allow javascript in preferences was clicked enabled. Is was.
So I’m stumped as to what the problem my be.

Any ideas would be helpful.
http://www.smartytest.com/KNelson/

Billy

Hi Billy, works fine for me. Have you asked your client to try clearing his browsing data and re loading the page?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes. He told me he did that but maybe he didn’t. He’s not tech savvy at all. I have to spoon feed him everything.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I know what you mean, I have an artist client who’s exactly the same!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Would it be possible to have a menu like Walter’s that would push the main content to the right when the menu opens rather than over the top of main content?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes it is possible … I can upload an example tomorrow morning (it’s sunday 23:00 here in Holland, and I’m currently at work). I’ve replicated something I found here: Blueprint: Slide and Push Menus

Please send me an email: rvanheukelum (at) me.com when you need this asap, otherwise watch this thread.

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve just uploaded a Freeway build Slide 'n Push Menu. You can download the Freeway document here.

It’s being activated by a click state, rather than a hover state.

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Many thanks for your help Richard.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You’re welcome. I regularly visit CoDrops to select interesting projects and see how these can be accomplished from within Freeway.

In this case the background image won’t shift when the menu is activated, simple because the image is applied to the Body. The content, however, will.

For as long as Freeway lacks a decent CSS editor I will use Source Code Snooper to create stylesheets and select them via the Use External Style Sheets action.

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You may want to look at the other options in External Style Sheets – one of which is it allows you to use a page in your document as a stylesheet. Draw example elements and add font examples to that page. Change the filename to end in .css. The Action deletes everything except the content of the style tag on that page (plus any extras you pasted in through the Action interface), and in so doing, allows you to mix your own styles with what Freeway has generated based on the example elements you created on the page.

Walter

On Mar 22, 2016, at 3:56 AM, Richard van Heukelum email@hidden wrote:

For as long as Freeway lacks a decent CSS editor I will use Source Code Snooper to create stylesheets and select them via the Use External Style Sheets action.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden