CCS Menu Hamburger position

Apologize Trevor for rushing in here, especially if it may sound like slightly critiques - I’m sure you’ll hate me :slight_smile:

To improve the responsive way of thinking, stop “designing” in Freeway. It is simply the wrong way to tackle a web-project like that. And I exactly tell you the reasons why:

There is single line of text at the top. To “style” the appearance of this single line of text, you use in total 5!!! in words five different styles. I agree that this is off the FW-user’s knowledge and one of the BIGGEST critique I have to the developers, but as well here start thinking semantic - kind of "main headline (h1) or even first paragraph after a main headline. This is a design process requiring some planning.

Secondly, you ran into a problem for now (logo+nav). This problem can be fixed for now - perhaps. But more importantly:

How do the body (main content) look like. Will there be a need to left/right adjust your head stuff anyway? For sure it will. But how? Can’t tell you right now cause I see nothing to hook those guys to something below.

I could go on with this, but stop for now with the last piece of advice:

It’s important to know about float, clear, widths, paddings and margins. Sharpen your tools. Rush into the “breakpoint” in view an re-arrange your stuff.

Finally, you have some master-items in the @media queries which are called “box9, box10, box11 …” that I can’t detect on the page in view (or I’m blind which sometimes happens). But it also maybe that they’re part of another test page. Whatsoever - your project grows like mad and clearing the mess finally takes you longer than start with a rock solid outline.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: