Center a Graphic

I am designing a Responsive layout and it seems difficult to center a graphic on a page:

1. it’s okay if the graphic is 100% wide, but how do I center a smaller graphic?

2. when I have managed to center a graphic in a 100% wide html box it somehow looks off center at various break points.

Why is this so difficult?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This may not be the expert way to over come your issue but it works for me.

I have a HTML item that is configured within the inspector (measurements) as Align = Center, Width = Fixed%, Height=Flexible.

Under Inspector (Dimensions) width is set to 100%

Assuming that i have an image with a width less that the actual width of the HTML item, i then select a place within the HTML item that you wish to insert the image,

Then select Text Centered within the Inspector, as if you were going to insert centered text, but instead when the cursor is positioned in the center (of the Horizontal) select Insert Graphic item from the main FW menu.

Selecting the Graphic item, do not change its size, and now insert the image, as Pass Though image, when the image is initially inserted into the Graphic item is becomes “off centered” and does not look correct, however at this point go to the Inspector making sure the "pass-through Graphic " is selected and in the Measurements section select Fixed % for the width.

The graphic will (should) then centre itself.

I use Backdraft and this process works for me. I hope it works for you.

John

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes that worked. I simply highlighted the graphic and centered it as if it were text.

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden