center grphic in html box

Hi,

how I can center a graphic item [a photo] inside a html box?

thanks in advance

Cheers

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Easiest way is to set the image as a background to your html item - Horizontal: center, Vertical: center, Tile: neither

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

thanks David will give it a try.

Cheers

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi david,

tried it but doesn’t seem to be working.

Whether i have the html box fixed in window or absoulte it stays the same aligned left.

any ideas?

thanks

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi David,

sorted, working now, however I can’t get the html items to link to anuthin now they are background images.
any ideas?

thanks

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Basically I’d be very interested what you’re fiddling together here. Sounds all a bit strange and unorganized from the raw description.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’m very likely overlooking something here. But couldn’t you just import the photo into your html box, then right-click it and choose an option like Graphic > Center or Graphic > Scale to Box?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Positioning any element depends on how that element has being introduced into the page. Since we have very little clue as to all the variables of this setup, much of the advice here has been wasted in speculation.

When a graphic is inserted into a Freeway item box, in the same way that text is inserted into an item box, that graphic is considered to be inline– just like a character of text. When you look at it in the code, the image will be wrapped inside of paragraph tags, just like plain text.

This means that graphics will respond in some of the ways that text will-- for example, if the paragraph is aligned center, then that graphic will be horizontally aligned center-- just like text. Problem partially solved.

Vertically centering an image (or text) in a box like this is another problem altogether… it will be harder and require more creativity and depend greatly on what all your design demands are. You also run a real risk of creating a situation which won’t be flexible enough to accommodate your design.

Personally, I’d rather style a link to look like a box than make a box act like a link. I think it’s just smarter, but I understand that it takes a different mindset and approach to using Freeway to do this.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Guys,

as not very code savvy, just trying to find a workaround. I think I’ve managed it.

you can see the site live now at baygalleryhome [dot] com.

I din’t have an example to show anyone the other day as i was working offline.

any other comments or input to how I’m doing with the images, much appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden