center grphic in html box

Positioning any element depends on how that element has being introduced into the page. Since we have very little clue as to all the variables of this setup, much of the advice here has been wasted in speculation.

When a graphic is inserted into a Freeway item box, in the same way that text is inserted into an item box, that graphic is considered to be inline– just like a character of text. When you look at it in the code, the image will be wrapped inside of paragraph tags, just like plain text.

This means that graphics will respond in some of the ways that text will-- for example, if the paragraph is aligned center, then that graphic will be horizontally aligned center-- just like text. Problem partially solved.

Vertically centering an image (or text) in a box like this is another problem altogether… it will be harder and require more creativity and depend greatly on what all your design demands are. You also run a real risk of creating a situation which won’t be flexible enough to accommodate your design.

Personally, I’d rather style a link to look like a box than make a box act like a link. I think it’s just smarter, but I understand that it takes a different mindset and approach to using Freeway to do this.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: