Centered Exhibeo Slide theme

Hello everyone!

Back in 2015 I was having a problem to find a way center an Exhibeo slide theme on Freeway, and our friend, The Big Earns showed me this way bellow at this time and it worked nicely.

I still use it nowadays, however the only “cons” of this is that everytime I make a small change on the page I have to remember to go back to the exibid_slide-styles.css and change it again before uploading the page

My question is: Is it still necessary, or I am missing something with Exhibeo 2? I looked but didn’t find any other way

please let me know.
Many thanks in advance,

Marcus

On 7 Jul 2015, 7:42 pm, The Big Erns wrote:

I would check to make sure that you have the most recent version of Exhibeo.

The problem depends on how you define the problem…

1. either the image should fill the available area created by making the page wider
  2. or it should not grow larger but stay centered in the available area.

The answer to either lies in the Exhibeo/Freeway generated css file slide-styles.css for the item #m6_exhibid.

1. deleting the rule max-width: 1767px will make the slide expand to fit the available width, or
  2. adding the rule margin: 0 auto; will center the slide regardless of the available width.

You should pick and try just one solution.

The #m6_exhibid element is created automatically by Freeway and Exhibeo… from the Exhibeo Import action that in your file has been named m6 in the Freeway workspace. I am not familiar with the template, so I don’t know for sure what combination of efforts created the problem. It is likely the template author and the Exhibeo team did not anticipate something the other had done, and likely some future version of either will take that into account. I understand you may not be comfortable with code (or that you may expect that you shouldn’t be required to tamper with it) but the easiest solution to your problem is as I’ve outlined.

PS, rather than piggy-backing onto this thread, you probably should have made it a new thread in the Exhibeo forum.

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Adding this to the before-end head-TAG (and AFTER (this is important) the loading ref of the slide-styles.css) should do the trick:

#m6_exhibid {
max-width: none !important;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Thus ensures overwriting whatever the previous styles saying - and is the nature of cascading styles.

Cheers

Thomas

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Thomas.
Thank you very much!

I’m away from my desk but will do it later.

Cheers,

Marcus

Sent from my iPhone

On May 24, 2019, at 4:25 AM, Thomas Kimmich email@hidden wrote:

Adding this to the before-end head-TAG (and AFTER (this is important) the loading ref of the slide-styles.css) should do the trick:

#m6_exhibid {

}

Thus ensures overwriting whatever the previous styles saying - and is the nature of cascading styles.

Cheers

Thomas

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hello Thomas,
Sorry for the delay to check it out and respond this thread. I’ve tried, but it didn’t work.
Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I’ll try to publish what I did and send a link later

Many thanks,

Marcus

On May 24, 2019, at 4:25 AM, Thomas Kimmich email@hidden wrote:

#m6_exhibid {

}

Cheers

Thomas

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden