CMS - Inline Editing

Most interesting! If you can share, I’d like to know which 3rd-party add-ons, plugins, file managers, etc. you use &/or recommend.

Easily integrating FWP with other useful tools has always been a stumbling block for those of us not doing ‘code poet’ development 100% of the time. Crossing your post with the recent Macaw discussions, the marketing expectations for FWP are set way too high. While FWP beats the pants off of other web development tools, it is far from the “draw it, make it” tool they suggest it is for anything other than the simplest of sites unless one has some serious coding skills.

MODX is certainly a serious CMS tool, as is Craft and others (from what I’ve read). I’d be interested in hearing why you chose MODX. If SoftPress really wanted to launch FWP to the level of a ‘must have’ app such as Photoshop, it really needs to address the graphic and user experience designers more fully. It should either incorporate a more robust CMS or make integration of top players (e.g. MODX, Craft, ExpressionEngine, etc.) far more ‘plug & play’ than they currently are. The solution also needs to be a one-up purchase, not a monthly ‘gotcha’ pricing model.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: