Could actions make Freeway’s HTML import smarter?

Freeway could be used to create the interface (visual parts) of an application, but it does not generate any of the logical code you would need in order for an app to do anything useful. What kind of app are you interested in building? What do you want it to do? If you can say more about that part, I can offer you more specific advice.

Walter

On Jan 14, 2016, at 4:42 PM, Richard Barraco via actionsdev email@hidden wrote:

HI
Is it possible to create apps with freeway?
If so could you please tell me which way?
Yours Truly
Richard Barraco

Richard Barraco
email@hidden

-----Original Message-----
To: actionsdev email@hidden
Sent: Thu, Nov 26, 2015 2:39 pm
Subject: Re: Could actions make Freeway’s HTML import smarter?

I did a lot of work in this area when I was doing the stylesheet extension library system several years ago, and before that, when I was building the Template Helper Action. There are some possibilities here, and some areas where the Action API is really difficult to reason with. First, you can probably do much of this XML-munging in an external library like libxml, called through the command line. But that uses XSLT 1, not 2 (which I believe is still mostly an academic exercise) and thus the character encoding on output may still be forced on you. XSLT 1 is awfully fussy about non-ASCII characters. Under the API hood, most things to do with external files either deal with them as a sequence of bits or as a string of text in whatever character encoding scheme you have told Freeway the file belongs to. I admit I don’t understand this interface as well as I could. While working on Template Helper, I discovered that Freeway was generating a file with unicode contents but giving it the magic bits of a Mac Roman text file, or something like that. Result was predictably awful – anything above 127 in the ASCII table was converted into something other.Walter> On Nov 26, 2015, at 7:17 AM, Leif Halvard Silli email@hidden wrote:> > ### Questions:> > 0. Can Freeway Actions be applied to the content of such files before publishing?_______________________________________________actionsdev mailing email@hidden your subscriptions at:Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options