There are a number of ways to do this but the following methods are what we consider to be the easiest.
Using Freeway 5.5 or Newer Versions
Freeway 5.5 introduces a new Create Email Action that makes creating email newsletters a breeze. For written directions, please see this article.
Using Freeway 5 or Prior Versions
- Create your HTML email in Freeway (if you are using Freeway Pro we recommend using HTML 3.2).
- Apply the Remote Resources action to the page, which can be downloaded from here.
- Next upload the site to your web space. This is essential to make your images accessible by the recipient of your email.
- Once the upload is complete, open Safari and navigate to the page you just uploaded. This will be something like http://www.yourdomain.com/email.html, replacing "yourdomain" with your domain name and "email.html" with the filename of the page you just created. After the page has finished loading press Command-i, or go to File>Mail Contents of This Page.
- The page will then be opened in a new message window. Enter the address you want to send the email to and, when ready, click "Send". Links to other pages will work but instead of opening in the email window they will open in a new browser window.
Bear in mind that this will not be compatible with some email packages, and that Freeway Pro users should stick to HTML 3.2 pages without CSS for best results.
This method will work fine for sending out the emails yourself through Apple's Mail. If, however, you want to send your files to an email marketing service, you will need to create "absolute" links for the graphics you use on your email. See the article at http://www.softpress.com/kb/questions/183/ for more information on how to do this.