CSS menu - how to separate sub menu entries ?

Hello !

I’m needing some help today with the CSS menu action.

Is there a way to add some free space between a main menu entry and its corresponding sub-menu entries ?

I found no setting, but perhaps there is some kind of a trick to achieve this.

Any help is highly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Tobias.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

In the Action menu, at the top, it probably says “Main Menu Settings.” Click on it and change it to “Submenu Settings.” From there, look to where it says “Size and Shape.” You might have to open the “Size and Shape” disclosure triangle. Below that it says, “Use Content Width” you can adjust the padding as you like.

If you have any trouble, let me know and I’ll upload a screenshot.

Doty

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Doty,

thanks for your reply. But I don’t look for padding but more for some kind of an invisible border around the submenu to make it stand a bit apart from the top menu line.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Watch out when you do that that you don’t end up with a gap that causes the menu’s open state to collapse. The way that this menu construction works is that your mouse is over the menu at all times, open or collapsed, because the :hover state is used to trigger the “open” appearance. JavaScript menus can be tricked into working over a gap using timers, but CSS does not offer that solution.

Walter

On Jun 23, 2016, at 8:43 AM, tobiaseichner email@hidden wrote:

Hi Doty,

thanks for your reply. But I don’t look for padding but more for some kind of an invisible border around the submenu to make it stand a bit apart from the top menu line.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walter, you are absolutely right.

I tried to work around the issue manually and exactly ended up with the issue you described. Sometimes things who are looking nice will just not work…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I indeed have done this using a 1px top margin applied to the submenu, and it will close when you’re not fast enough with your cursor …

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden