Css Menu problems

Hello everyone, just a quick question on something I’m sure must be pretty simple.

The link is a work in progress (and so far, managing to do it without the help of BackDraft!! - many thanks for that excellent product Caleb), but I’ve run into a problem with the CS menu action.

I would like it to be either right aligned or centred, but these styles won’t ‘stick’. At the moment it’s unformatted in the text/font inspector, and purely styled from the CSS Action menu. I’ve tried styling it from the inspector, and the font shows, but not the alignment.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30ql7drt9ic663m/index.html?dl=0

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

BUMP
Anyone? I’ve now spent a good 2 hours just on this one thing, and although I’m not in a great hurry with it, it’s bugging the hell out of me!

Thanks
Trev

On 27 Jun 2016, at 11:08, Trevreav email@hidden wrote:

Hello everyone, just a quick question on something I’m sure must be pretty simple.

The link is a work in progress (and so far, managing to do it without the help of BackDraft!! - many thanks for that excellent product Caleb), but I’ve run into a problem with the CS menu action.

I would like it to be either right aligned or centred, but these styles won’t ‘stick’. At the moment it’s unformatted in the text/font inspector, and purely styled from the CSS Action menu. I’ve tried styling it from the inspector, and the font shows, but not the alignment.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

The CSS Menu action has an Alignment setting under the disclosure triangle named “Size and Shape”. Probably that will do what you want instead of trying to style the menu text directly?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Ernie, thanks for the answer, that’s what I’ve done.

The default seems to be left aligned, but when I try ‘centre’ or ‘right’ nothing happens. The main Freeway Inspector panel has ’no style’.

Trev

On 27 Jun 2016, at 16:36, The Big Erns email@hidden wrote:

The CSS Menu action has an Alignment setting under the disclosure triangle named “Size and Shape”. Probably that will do what you want instead of trying to style the menu text directly?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Joe.

But call me stupid I’m not sure if I got it right. Can you look over my steps and tell me if I’m correct (I want to show an image box that is 300*600 px in size to fit into my layout)?

1. Draw an image box of 600*1200 px dimension
  2. Put in the image (which is 600*1200 px) and click “high-res”.
  3. The box shrinks to 300*600 px.

When doing so, can I assume that on both types of screens, high resolution or not, the physical dimension of the image is 300*600 pixels?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Morning Tom, I think you’ve replied to the wrong thread here!

On 28 Jun 2016, at 00:13, Tom email@hidden wrote:

Thanks Joe.

But call me stupid I’m not sure if I got it right. Can you look over my steps and tell me if I’m correct (I want to show an image box that is 300*600 px in size to fit into my layout)?

1. Draw an image box of 600*1200 px dimension
  2. Put in the image (which is 600*1200 px) and click “high-res”.
  3. The box shrinks to 300*600 px.

When doing so, can I assume that on both types of screens, high resolution or not, the physical dimension of the image is 300*600 pixels?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

BTW, here’s a new link showing the left aligned CSS Menu (as opposed to centred or right, which is what I’m after).

www.trevreav.co.uk/PT

Thanks
Trev

On 27 Jun 2016, at 17:02, Trevor Reaveley email@hidden wrote:

Hi Ernie, thanks for the answer, that’s what I’ve done.

The default seems to be left aligned, but when I try ‘centre’ or ‘right’ nothing happens. The main Freeway Inspector panel has ’no style’.

Trev

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Trev, have you tried creating a style for the menu and applying that to it?

The CSS Menu action can be a temperamental beast at times and you might find you need to clear all and start afresh with it.

Might be easier to help if you can upload an archive of the site so we can look at the Freeway file itself.

Dave

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I’ve tried a style on it and it made no difference (apart from the fact that the font changed, but not the alignment). When I get a moment, I’ll delete and start afresh and see how it goes from there. If I still run into problems, then I’ll Archive it and post a link on here for whoever may be kind enough to have a look.

It may be a while, my Mac has just died on me and I’m picking up emails from wherever I can - more hassles to deal with!!
Trev

On 28 Jun 2016, at 16:05, Dave Dunning email@hidden wrote:

Hi Trev, have you tried creating a style for the menu and applying that to it?

The CSS Menu action can be a temperamental beast at times and you might find you need to clear all and start afresh with it.

Might be easier to help if you can upload an archive of the site so we can look at the Freeway file itself.

Dave

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

OK, frustrating as it is I usually find starting afresh more often than not cures the issue. Good luck with your Mac, hope nothing too serious.

Dave

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden