Delta Dave

What a bummer thing to find out! Indeed Delta Dave was one of the very most helpful and friendly people on this forum and he had the answers to my questions a few times for sure. He will be sorely missed.

Excuse me though, but I am curious about his death since I recently had my second aortic heart valve replacement. The first was in 1999 via open heart surgery with a bovine valve. When it was deteriorating I decided I was not going to have a second open heart surgery and ended up speaking nationally on the subject of “dying with dignity”. It was my right to decline the surgery.

At the very last moment though I was approved for a new experimental valve replacement where there is NO open heart surgery. This operation has been used for nearly a decade in Europe but it is new here in the USA.

Not sure, but I thought that DD lived in Europe and so I was shocked to learn the reason of the death. At his age there should have been an option to go with the non-open heart surgery. I was released from the hospital 26 hours after my surgery was done and then riding a bicycle within a week after that.

It is such a shame to lose such a good person to such a thing as this.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: