Delta Dave

R.I.P. Delta Dave… Good people will always be missed and not forgotten.
Thanks for all.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

2017-08-15 7:59 GMT+02:00 Elizabeth email@hidden:

Oh gosh - I’ve read this stream, but didn’t realise it was Delta Dave! I’m
shocked, Dave was so incredibly helpful. He helped me on quite a few
occasions, especially when I first started using Freeway quite a few years
ago. So terribly sad and sorry, sincere condolences to Dave’s family. How
sad……

Elizabeth

On 15 Aug 2017, at 1:08 PM, Robert Mitton email@hidden wrote:

What a bummer thing to find out! Indeed Delta Dave was one of the very
most helpful and friendly people on this forum and he had the answers to my
questions a few times for sure. He will be sorely missed.

Excuse me though, but I am curious about his death since I recently had my
second aortic heart valve replacement. The first was in 1999 via open heart
surgery with a bovine valve. When it was deteriorating I decided I was not
going to have a second open heart surgery and ended up speaking nationally
on the subject of “dying with dignity”. It was my right to decline the
surgery.

At the very last moment though I was approved for a new experimental valve
replacement where there is NO open heart surgery. This operation has been
used for nearly a decade in Europe but it is new here in the USA.

Not sure, but I thought that DD lived in Europe and so I was shocked to
learn the reason of the death. At his age there should have been an option
to go with the non-open heart surgery. I was released from the hospital 26
hours after my surgery was done and then riding a bicycle within a week
after that.

American Heart Association | To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives
HeartValveProblemsandDisease/What-is-TAVR_UCM_450827_
Article.jsp#.WZJkuHeGNTY
The Heart and Vascular Institute
conditions_treatments/treatments/valve_aortic.html

It is such a shame to lose such a good person to such a thing as this.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Oh that’s very sad news.

Dave helped me plenty of times and never asked for anything in return. He seemed like a knowledgable and friendly guy who was always pleased to help.

So sad for his family who I send my best wishes.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

My deepest condolences to Arlene. I’m so shocked and saddened by this tragic news.

One of the stalwarts of the community, Dave directly and indirectly affected massively for the better several decisions and pathways regarding how I construct sites in Freeway. He was of invaluable help over the years, and he’ll be missed enormously.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

So sorry to hear of Dave’s passing. I’ve drifted away from website design but have always been grateful in the past for the help and support offered by Dave and others. Our community has lost a most helpful friend.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve just checked in on the forum after months away and am saddened to learn of DeltaDave’s passing. His posts here have helped me many times. He will be missed but will not be not forgotten. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

Steve

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I never interacted with Dave personally but have seen an abundance of his posts and others praising his talents and efforts as he selflessly sought to provide help to others. Having seen other people like Dave who were true treasures to their online communities pass on, its never easy for those in the community during such a loss. But its always such a blessing to reflect and know how selfless people like “Delta Dave” were in helping others. These peoples approach should be an example and inspiration to us all both online and in our daily personal lives.

I sincerely pass on my heart felt condolences to his family and friends and can only imagine given the selfless assistance he provided to this community and no doubt beyond, what a loss it must be for those whom truly knew and loved him. Thanks for being an example to us all Delta Dave with your time, talents and willingness to help others.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just jumped on to see what was happening here and saw this thread :cry:

Huge, huge condolences to David’s family and friends. He was so kind, helpful and considerate and an integral part of this community for the last 11 years. I just had a look at his stats and he posted over 16,000 times across all the boards, averaging out at 4 posts a day.

We’ll all miss you and your unrelenting desire to help others, David.

Joe

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

David’s wife Arlene here. Thank you all so much for your kind words re David. As I said in my e-mail to Carla, David took a great deal of pleasure out of helping others and although I would often moan at him for ‘being on that forum again’ he totally enjoyed it. You were a community of friends. Since David’s passing I have had umpteen messages all talking about how kind and generous a man he was. This makes me and my family so proud. I miss him terribly but it helps to know that people thought so much of him. Once again thank you for your kind words. x

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Wow, I’m really shocked and saddened by this news.

I noticed the other day that I’d not been getting emails from FWTalk since early August so jumped back on the site to catch up with FW news.

Dave had been a cornerstone of this community for as long as I can remember and, as others have said before, he was always happy to step up and give his time, expertise and opinion purely to help others. He’ll be sadly missed.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

May I also pass on my sincere best wishes to Arlene and family on your great loss.
Living in Glasgow I’d always hoped to maybe meet Dave at some point to put a face and a person to the ever helpful and encouraging name of Delta Dave.
Without him I would not have progressed to where I am with web design and in particular his insights into Freeway. I shall be forever grateful for his generosity.

A part of his legacy is all the solutions and prompts he leaves on this forum for future freeway users to learn from.

May he rest in peace.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I miss Dave… He taught me everything xo

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Whenever I get an email from this thread, it instantly brings me back to the 1000s of times he helped me and I could not wait to see his response!

He would be horrified and sickened to hear about what is going on here in the US with the Florida school. I can hear him now.

miss ya Dave!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden