Display testimonials in slideshow/gallery

Hello all,

I am new to Xway and have benefitted from the various tutorials and posts, but I now have a small challenge I can’t find a solution for so I hope someone here can offer a suggestion.

I wish to create a “gallery” of customer testimonials which would display one testimonial on each “slide” and there would be arrows to slide back and forth between the various testimonials. I have attached below an image of something I found, which looks similar to what I wish to create.

I considered writing each quote up in power point, formatting and adding background collours there, before uploading each of these slides into an exhibeo gallery. This would work but it would not offer the flexibility I am after. I would like to be able to add/remove testimonials (slides) quite easily, and I would like to be able to change background colour/text font and colour etc without having to redo the slides in powerpoint and redo the exhibeo gallery.

I am also concerned about how the slides would adjust to different screen sizes if I had to use the exhibeo solution. Ideally, I would like a solution where the testimonial text would adjust in the same way as other text in a flex box.

I hope that I am not being too ambitious and that someone here may be able to suggest a solution.

Many thanks in advance,
MJ

Hi Jensenm,

Exhibeo galleries are flexible. We use them on the Exhibeo and Chroma pages of our website.

If you’d rather make your own slideshow, using CSS (and possibly JavaScript), this CSS Tricks article might be a good starting point. In Xway, you can use the Extended Properties section of the Box Inspector to add CSS properties to boxes, and you can use the CSS Markup section of the Page Inspector to add CSS definitions to pages. You can also add JavaScript using the JavaScript Markup section of the Page Inspector.

Hi Jeremy Hughes,

Thanks for your swift answer.

I would prefer a simple exhibio solution, but how would text in an image uploaded in exhibio be flexible? Or do you suggest not creating an image but simply a background colour and then somehow adding text over that? Or are we talking about differnt levels of flexibility here?

If exhibio won’t do it I’ll try your CSS suggestion.

Thanks,
MJ

I was assuming that the text would be part of a JPEG image that you would import into Exhibeo. Images are flexible by default, so long as they aren’t given a fixed (CSS) width or height.

If you want to use actual text, I think you’d need to add your own CSS and JavaScript to do this.

Thanks. A jpeg in exhibio would work but it would not offer the flexibility I am after. I would like to be able to add/remove testimonials (jpegs) quite easily, and I would like to be able to change background colour/text font and colour etc without having to redo the jpegs.

The CSS tricks you provided looks like it will let me do that so I’ll give that a try.

Thank you,
MJ