Does anyone still use Forms To Go? Can you recommend an alternative?

I am terribly late to this party-- my apologies.

I still use FormsToGo… version 4.5.4 which I updated in May of 2012. Thanks to my Gmail account, I still have the email receipt with the registration/authentication number.

The app still works well-- what is lacking is access to good documentation and any support at all from the developer… Giuseppe Farese… the asshat who never replied to my tweets or emails. The Bebosoft website is broken and so the support articles there are unavailable.

But the app works well for me. I use it to make Contact forms, Ordering forms, and File Upload forms with it. I integrate security precautions with Honeypot traps for spam and a cute trick Walter taught me for defeating upload attacks. I just used it on a form that uses javascript to reveal extra inputs based on previous input states (think Quantity: Other). I admit that sometimes I will use the form php file as a scaffold and edit it to a more final form-- but hardly ever really.

Also, for full disclosure, the forms I use are not made in Freeway. Freeway’s form tools were made to punish people for making web forms. Every time they are used, unspeakable horror is conjured into existence. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but I could literally crap better forms than Freeway can make.

Thomas, I’m having no issues with FTG and HTML5… but maybe I’m not poking my nose in the right direction. If you come across an example of a form FTG won’t process, I’d love to have a look.

Neil-- PHP hasn’t wildly changed since 2012, nor has the mac in general so I think you must be doing something very wrong to get the result you’re describing. Not surprising given the Bebosoft support website is broken and even simple tutorials are unavailable. If you want to contact me off list, I might be able to look at your FTG file and spot the problem.

I’ve thought about doing a simple article or two on FTG for my CSSway blog-- time and other constraints have just kept me from keeping that thing updated.

Best wishes to you both.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: