Doodles importance all around the world...?

Hello. This is “really off topic” anything relationed with webs, programming, and so on… But its odd for me, and want to share.

I thought that Google made doodles for all the world, because the doodles I used to see are for important people or acts in the history. When I am interested in one doodle I click to read the information about the doodled thing but never had look about the doodle itself…

Three days ago, Google showed a doodle about “La Tomatina”. La Tomatina is a popular party in a really small village at Spain where people throw tones of tomatos each other… Its really popular for the last years ( cant understand why… because of the stress liberated throwing tomatoes perhaps…) . I was impressed about why Google doddled a silly thing like that, and I comment it with everybody…

Today, Im still impressed… and as in the newspaper says that people at the “red war” distroyed a Google car while it was taking pictures during the event, I have just make a search to see if there is any picture from this Google car. And I have discovered the page Google edit about his owns doodles… I discovered that doodles are geographically shown. They are not for all the world (uff, Tomatina was not so international) but scroll down the page, and now Im more and more impressed… because

a. La Tomatina Doodle was showed in all Canada, and lots of countries at Europe, South America and other parts of the world, so it was a really important doodle.

b. The same day was the 100 Aniversary of Julio Cortazar, intelectual person, and it was shown in the tenth countries… And for Cortazar they didnt make sketches like for La Tomatina.

so… why?

I would like people knewed about Cortazar, and heard from La Tomatina as an anecdote someone told to him once he came to Spain… or readed in some paper…

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The links:

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: