easiForm implementation

I recently purchased both Freeway Pro 4 and easiForm (from easibase.com) in order to add a contact form to my wife’s website (she’s an artist). I built the site www.huguettemay.com using iWeb, which worked well as far as I could take it. But I wanted to be able to gather contact information from website visitors wanting to join her mailing list.

I discovered that easiForm, used in connection with Freeway Pro 4, would provide what we needed. I have followed the well documented steps on easibase’s website for implementing the form actions, but I seem to be stymied by not being able to get the required ioncube loader files to load. When I attempt to access the “formpage.php” that I created, I received the following message: “The required loader has not been detected for this script, please make sure you have the ioncube folder containing the required loader for your servers system.” I’ve placed the ioncube folder at the root directory for the site, but this doesn’t seem to matter. Do I need some sort of setting change for the server itself? I’m using GoDaddy to host the site. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I’ve seen the author, Mike Brackenridge, posting on this site, so I’m hoping he may see this. If this question has been answered on another post, please point me there. Thanks. Tom

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Tom,

From what I can see ‘from the ioncube helper page on your server’ this is because your server account does not permit runtime loading, you will need to contact them to ask them if they can make an adjustment to your php.ini file.

I will send you a message with detailed information on what you need to contact them about.

Mike

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Many thanks for the quick reply, Mike. I will look forward to your direct response. Asking GoDaddy about the server php.ini. file was going to be my next step, but thought I should know more about the problem before approaching them. With your help, we’re looking forward to getting our formpage working.

Tom

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 9 Mar. 2008, 9:08 pm, Tom May wrote:

I recently purchased both Freeway Pro 4 and easiForm (from easibase.com) in order to add a contact form to my wife’s website (she’s an artist). I built the site www.huguettemay.com using iWeb, which worked well as far as I could take it. But I wanted to be able to gather contact information from website visitors wanting to join her mailing list.

I discovered that easiForm, used in connection with Freeway Pro 4, would provide what we needed. I have followed the well documented steps on easibase’s website for implementing the form actions, but I seem to be stymied by not being able to get the required ioncube loader files to load. When I attempt to access the “formpage.php” that I created, I received the following message: “The required loader has not been detected for this script, please make sure you have the ioncube folder containing the required loader for your servers system.” I’ve placed the ioncube folder at the root directory for the site, but this doesn’t seem to matter. Do I need some sort of setting change for the server itself? I’m using GoDaddy to host the site. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I’ve seen the author, Mike Brackenridge, posting on this site, so I’m hoping he may see this. If this question has been answered on another post, please point me there. Thanks. Tom

On 9 Mar. 2008, 9:30 pm, Mike B wrote:

Hi Tom,

From what I can see ‘from the ioncube helper page on your server’ this is because your server account does not permit runtime loading, you will need to contact them to ask them if they can make an adjustment to your php.ini file.

I will send you a message with detailed information on what you need to contact them about.

Mike

On 9 Mar. 2008, 9:39 pm, Tom May wrote:

Many thanks for the quick reply, Mike. I will look forward to your direct response. Asking GoDaddy about the server php.ini. file was going to be my next step, but thought I should know more about the problem before approaching them. With your help, we’re looking forward to getting our formpage working.

Tom

Further to Mike’s reply about needing to adjust the php.ini file, I contacted GoDaddy, our webhosting service, and determined that, because I had chosen a Windows server rather than a Linux server when we set up the hosting account, I unknowingly selected the server type that would not support php. Linux apparently supports php and Windows does not (Windows support asp instead, he said). As a result, I took steps to convert the hosting over to Linux, which the GoDaddy tech rep says will allow me to edit the php.ini file with the needed code. It takes between 2-24 hours to move the site from the Windows servers to the Linux servers. I’ll see if I can make the php.ini file change after that. Tom

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just so you don’t carry on believing that Windows itself does not
support PHP, let me clarify that PHP runs on anything that can run a
Web server. Including Windows.

GoDaddy does not include PHP on their Windows servers, even though
they could, and many others do.

Walter

On Mar 9, 2008, at 8:02 PM, Tom May wrote:

Further to Mike’s reply about needing to adjust the php.ini file, I
contacted GoDaddy, our webhosting service, and determined that,
because I had chosen a Windows server rather than a Linux server
when we set up the hosting account, I unknowingly selected the
server type that would not support php. Linux apparently supports
php and Windows does not (Windows support asp instead, he said).
As a result, I took steps to convert the hosting over to Linux,
which the GoDaddy tech rep says will allow me to edit the php.ini
file with the needed code. It takes between 2-24 hours to move the
site from the Windows servers to the Linux servers. I’ll see if I
can make the php.ini file change after that. Tom

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 10 Mar. 2008, 12:20 am, waltd wrote:

Just so you don’t carry on believing that Windows itself does not
support PHP, let me clarify that PHP runs on anything that can run a
Web server. Including Windows.

GoDaddy does not include PHP on their Windows servers, even though
they could, and many others do.

Walter

On Mar 9, 2008, at 8:02 PM, Tom May wrote:

Further to Mike’s reply about needing to adjust the php.ini file, I
contacted GoDaddy, our webhosting service, and determined that,
because I had chosen a Windows server rather than a Linux server
when we set up the hosting account, I unknowingly selected the
server type that would not support php. Linux apparently supports
php and Windows does not (Windows support asp instead, he said).
As a result, I took steps to convert the hosting over to Linux,
which the GoDaddy tech rep says will allow me to edit the php.ini
file with the needed code. It takes between 2-24 hours to move the
site from the Windows servers to the Linux servers. I’ll see if I
can make the php.ini file change after that. Tom

Thanks for the clarification, Walter. Frankly, I had wondered whether it was GoDaddy’s limitation and not Windows, as I had not seen anything about Windows not supporting PHP heretofore. At some point, I may look at other hosting options, but am trying to work with what I have for now, provided I can get the basic functionality we’re looking for at this stage of our site. Thanks again.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello Tom,

From what I remember you got things runnng on yur account with Go
Daddy… I have another client who can’t seem to get things to work,
can I bother you but would you mind explaining the process of how you
managed to make things work, or what you had to do to get things to
work with the account? so I can help him.

Many thanks
Mike

On Mar 9, 2008, at 10:39 PM, Tom May wrote:

Many thanks for the quick reply, Mike. I will look forward to your
direct response. Asking GoDaddy about the server php.ini. file was
going to be my next step, but thought I should know more about the
problem before approaching them. With your help, we’re looking
forward to getting our formpage working.

Tom

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Mike -

I’ll write something up this weekend as soon as I can reconstruct the steps in my mind.

Tom

On 28 Mar. 2008, 2:24 pm, Mike B wrote:

Hello Tom,

From what I remember you got things runnng on yur account with Go
Daddy… I have another client who can’t seem to get things to work,
can I bother you but would you mind explaining the process of how you
managed to make things work, or what you had to do to get things to
work with the account? so I can help him.

Many thanks
Mike

On Mar 9, 2008, at 10:39 PM, Tom May wrote:

Many thanks for the quick reply, Mike. I will look forward to your
direct response. Asking GoDaddy about the server php.ini. file was
going to be my next step, but thought I should know more about the
problem before approaching them. With your help, we’re looking
forward to getting our formpage working.

Tom

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Many thanks.

On Mar 29, 2008, at 5:15 AM, Tom May wrote:

Mike -

I’ll write something up this weekend as soon as I can reconstruct
the steps in my mind.

Tom

freewaytalk mailing list