EazyDraw

EazyDraw is around $20 but only for 9 months trial, after that, another $80.

There is also the drawing program with OpenOffice.
That imports intaglio, has layers but the import has to be done one layer visible at a time & then re-combined,
otherwise everything visible is imported as one layer.
There appear to be no styles, and for no obvious reason 1% has to be altered to match the rest.

Still experimenting with it.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Good idea to include OpenOffice/LibreOffice.

LibreOffice Draw (branch of OpenOffice) is my alternative. It is messy
but pretty OK, except for one thing: It can not make multi-page layouts,
you always work on one page at a time. One document can be multiple
pages but you can’t place things across pages like you can in Intaglio.

I have EazyDraw and never liked it. It is a mess with different versions
and pricing. It may have many features in some versions but the version
I have does not compete with Intaglio in features, as far as I got with it.

/Ingemar

Den 2021-08-08 kl. 03:08, skrev Stephen Arbon:

That imports intaglio, has layers but the import has to be done one layer visible at a time & then re-combined,
There appear to be no styles, and for no obvious reason 1% has to be altered to match the rest.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I tried EasyDraw, and a host of others.
I have settled on Affinity Designer.
I also use Affinity Publisher and Affinity Photo (InDesign and Photoshop equivalents).

This is partly because I find them powerful, yet easy to use, partly because the company producing them seems to be popular and relatively successful (less likely to disappear in a few years).

Ian

On 8 Aug 2021, at 02:08, Stephen Arbon email@hidden wrote:

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Has anyone tried to get Intaglio working in Retroactive?

I’m still using Mojave so I can’t test this. But it works for Aperture

How to run Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes on macOS Big Sur and macOS Catalina | by Tyshawn Cormier | Medium https://medium.com/@cormiertyshawn895/how-to-run-aperture-and-iphoto-on-macos-catalina-46a86d028b87

On 8 Aug 2021, at 08:25, Haywire email@hidden wrote:

I also use Affinity Publisher and Affinity Photo (InDesign and Photoshop equivalents).

This is partly because I find them powerful, yet easy to use, partly because the company producing them seems to be popular and relatively successful (less likely to disappear in a few years).

Ian

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

BTW, I hated EZDraw. I think it should be renamed un-EZdraw! Affinity Designer is probably the best way to go if you are ditching Intaglio (Affinity Photo is superb, although in fairness I don’t use it as much as
I use Capture One)

This link shows how to patch Aperture in Catalina and probably Big Sur. I imagine Intaglio still uses 32bit binaries even though it was updated for 64bit. This is a really interesting thread, but you need to know your
way around the Terminal as well as XCode.

I hope it helps in some way.

On 8 Aug 2021, at 08:25, Haywire email@hidden wrote:

Ian

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Affinity Designer is about £50, all in. There is a free trial also.
It doesn’t import Intaglio directly. You have to either open a PDF created by Intaglio or open in Intaglio and do a layer by layer cut-and-paste.

Ian

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

"Intaglio Import

EazyDraw 10.3.0 (and 10.4.0 in the App Store) are now optimized to import SVG graphic drawing files from Intaglio. This is proving to be a viable transition path for Intaglio users. Simply use Open command from EazyDraw to import Intaglio SVG drawings.

EazyDraw has an automated post import analysis that runs on SVG files with Intaglio signature. This allows EazyDraw to reconstruct Layers from Intaglio, even though layers are not part of the SVG specification. See the release note paragraph note for more details. All of this is now operational for EazyDraw 10.3.0 and newer.

For a limited time!! We are offering the standard reduced upgrade price ( $35 ) to Intaglio users migrating to EazyDraw. Proof of purchase is one SVG drawing file from Intaglio, with a PDF proof copy expected results. These drawings will be appended to the EazyDraw / SVG test suite. Purchase the upgrade at the EazyDraw Store, very bottom of the page. Reduced price upgrade is not available on the Mac App Store."

On 8 Aug 2021, at 19:54, Haywire email@hidden wrote:

It doesn’t import Intaglio directly. You have to either open a PDF created by Intaglio or open in Intaglio and do a layer by layer cut-and-paste.

Ian

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Stephen.

I’ll have to give EazyDraw another try. I admit I haven’t used it in many years, always preferring Intaglio (which because of still being on 10.14.6 still works). I guess one of the desirable features of EazyDraw is that it accepts DXF files, as I use QCad and before was having to export SVG in order to import into Intaglio. $35 seems like a good price, however I’m a little concerned if I then have to pay for future service packs? The great thing about Affinity Designer (as well as being British!) is that it is a one-off payment with free updates.

Tom

On 8 Aug 2021, at 11:25, Stephen Arbon email@hidden wrote:

"Intaglio Import

EazyDraw 10.3.0 (and 10.4.0 in the App Store) are now optimized to import SVG graphic drawing files from Intaglio. This is proving to be a viable transition path for Intaglio users. Simply use Open command from EazyDraw to import Intaglio SVG drawings.

EazyDraw has an automated post import analysis that runs on SVG files with Intaglio signature. This allows EazyDraw to reconstruct Layers from Intaglio, even though layers are not part of the SVG specification. See the release note paragraph note for more details. All of this is now operational for EazyDraw 10.3.0 and newer.

For a limited time!! We are offering the standard reduced upgrade price ( $35 ) to Intaglio users migrating to EazyDraw. Proof of purchase is one SVG drawing file from Intaglio, with a PDF proof copy expected results. These drawings will be appended to the EazyDraw / SVG test suite. Purchase the upgrade at the EazyDraw Store, very bottom of the page. Reduced price upgrade is not available on the Mac App Store."

Ian

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I plan to use EazyDraw reduced $ offer to Intaglio users next week. After that I will report back

Sent from RO-CH13

On Aug 8, 2021, at 6:31 AM, tom_tm email@hidden wrote:

Hi Stephen.

I’ll have to give EazyDraw another try. I admit I haven’t used it in many years, always preferring Intaglio (which because of still being on 10.14.6 still works). I guess one of the desirable features of EazyDraw is that it accepts DXF files, as I use QCad and before was having to export SVG in order to import into Intaglio. $35 seems like a good price, however I’m a little concerned if I then have to pay for future service packs? The great thing about Affinity Designer (as well as being British!) is that it is a one-off payment with free updates.

Tom

On 8 Aug 2021, at 11:25, Stephen Arbon email@hidden wrote:

"Intaglio Import

Ian

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden