Editing-Adding Text to h1 Tag

Hi Matt,

I think it means that you include important keywords in the top-level heading on your page. This should be a readable title that makes sense to people who look at your page. You can create an h1 element by selecting “heading 1” in the Styles palette.

It’s not a good idea to add hidden text. Search engines will penalise you for doing this.

Jeremy

On 7 Jul 2021, at 22:15, Matt Morris via freewaytalk email@hidden wrote:

I’m doing some SEO on a site I’ve built.

They suggest that the h1 tag on each page have some “keyword” copy added.

I cannot see a way to do this in Freeway. If I look at web inspector, it shows the

on either side of the actual text…but I know I can’t simply add copy there.

This is what is suggested…Include important targeted keywords/phrases in your h1 tag.

Does this simply mean to add visible, readable copy to the site…or perhaps some hidden thing I’m not aware of.

Thanks in advance

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Matt, if I’m understanding your post correctly, it appears that you already have an EXISTING h1, probably at the top of the page. If you click somewhere in that, it should illuminate h1 in your Styles palette.

If so, you can edit that h1 right in that Freeway page. I do it often. Just edit the copy to include a keyword(s) as they’ve suggested. Then do File > Preview in Browser to see if it looks good, then go ahead and publish it.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden