Exhibeo 1 or 2 Java Error

Good day all!

Just when I thought I was “getting” Freeway 7, I’ve run into something that I can’t seem to fix. Yes, I’ve searched here, but all I found was that I need a newer Action…yet cannot find where to get this.

I’ve been using Freeway since version 4, and have used Exhibeo, Showcase & Exhibeo 2 without issue…until now.

When I place the action on the page (Exhibeo or Exhibeo 2), it will sometimes show a Java error immediately. It also appears each time I try to publish the site. It will place the first error as “el has no properties”, then another window will appear with "Could not complete the Publish site command because a JavaScript error occurred in a Freeway action. If you republish your site the Action will be ignored. (-26114:379:2774)

I’m thankful for any thoughts or advice.

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

…an update. While I still can get these to work, the old Showcase works fine. But…it’s not responsive. Arg.

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Matt,

I don’t monitor the Exhibeo list as closely as the FreewayTalk list, so I’ve only just seen this. Are you using the Exhibeo 2 Action to import Exhibeo 2 files?

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Jeremy…

Yes, I was. I wound up simply exporting to HTML and using it that way. Much more than the simple “action”….but it’s functional.

I’m glad for any other thoughts you may have…

Matt

On May 29, 2018, at 3:00 PM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

Hi Matt,

I don’t monitor the Exhibeo list as closely as the FreewayTalk list, so I’ve only just seen this. Are you using the Exhibeo 2 Action to import Exhibeo 2 files?

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Jeremy…

Yes, I was. I wound up simply exporting to HTML and using it that way. Much more than the simple “action”….but it’s functional.

I’m glad for any other thoughts you may have…

Matt

On May 29, 2018, at 3:00 PM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

Hi Matt,

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Matt,

If you have a page or sample document where the Exhibeo 2 Action fails to work, I’d be happy to take a look at it (send it to support at softpress stop com).

The “el has no properties” error can occur when the JavaScript references an element that doesn’t have an ID. This might be because it’s not a CSS/Layer element, although I think the Action is supposed to handle these cases.

Jeremy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden