Exhibeo 2.0.6

We have just released Exhibeo 2.0.6.

This is a free update, which contains bug fixes and improvements.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 from the App Store, you can update via the App Store application.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 directly from us, you can update by choosing Check for Updates from the application (Exhibeo 2) menu.

I bought this directly from your company. When I click on the “Check for Updates” I get this error -

Exhibeo 2 can’t be updated if it’s running from the location it was downloaded to.

How should I proceed?

Thanks,
Jeff Trionfante

On Apr 28, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Jeremy Hughes <email@hidden> wrote:

If you bought Exhibeo 2 from the App Store, you can update via the App Store application.

If you bought Exhibeo 2 directly from us, you can update by choosing Check for Updates from the application (Exhibeo 2) menu.

Hi Jeff,

This happens because of system protection that is in place if the app has not been moved since being downloaded. This will generally mean that the app is in your Downloads folder.

Quitting the app and moving it somewhere else in Finder will resolve this, e.g. to your Applications folder. If you want it where it is, simply move it and move it back again. (Don’t undo, do a second move or the protection will be put back in place)

Simon

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 21:08, Alt Jeff <email@hidden> wrote:

I bought this directly from your company. When I click on the “Check for Updates” I get this error -

Exhibeo 2 can’t be updated if it’s running from the location it was downloaded to.

How should I proceed?

Thanks,
Jeff Trionfante

Simon,
Success! I did have Exhibeo inside a folder in Applications. When I moved the app from the folder (still keeping the app in Applications) the update worked perfectly.
Thanks,
Jeff

On Apr 28, 2021, at 1:17 PM, Simon Manning <email@hidden> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

This happens because of system protection that is in place if the app has not been moved since being downloaded. This will generally mean that the app is in your Downloads folder.

Quitting the app and moving it somewhere else in Finder will resolve this, e.g. to your Applications folder. If you want it where it is, simply move it and move it back again. (Don’t undo, do a second move or the protection will be put back in place)

Simon

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 21:08, Alt Jeff <email@hidden> wrote:

How should I proceed?

Thanks,
Jeff Trionfante