Exhibeo 2 and Chroma

OK, first impressions.

Chroma. I love it, and I think it will be a real boon to site development!

Exhibeo 2. Good and bad. The good is that it is a huge improvement over v1 which was very long in the tooth. Nice new interface and options, particularly the Ken Burns!

The bad is that I really don’t think it is a sufficient improvement to be a threat to Wow Slider, and that is what I was looking for, a fully integrated Freeway gallery app with decent effects and themes.

Only 1 new theme? No themes with anything like the effects possible within Wow Slider. Now, I know that Wow Slider is more expensive, but, honestly, I feel disappointed in the functionality of Exhibeo 2.

I guess we can only hope that more sophisticated, better looking themes will be made available later. At a price?

Sorry!


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks for your feedback, Iain.

I’m happy that you’re liking Chroma and see it as a benefit. It’s getting a great reception, which is absolutely fantastic!

I’m glad you like the new parts of Exhibeo and I completely understand what you’re saying about themes. It was always my intention to have more for this release but they were taking a lot longer to develop than I had anticipated so I took the decision to release with the one. My plan is to make more available in the future. If we do then they’ll be a combination of free and premium ones.

Cheers,
Joe


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Well not very happy here especially as I have been waiting all week to build a new gallery. Just installed new Exhibeo to replace previous edition and upgraded Freeway to 7.1.3. Imported pictures, set all requirements and exported to Freeway. In Freeway built new page set the Exhibeo action and imported the gallery. First picture shows in action as normal. Go to preview to view slide show - nothing - just two question marks in top corners. Have done everything as before so am I doing something wrong now?


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

My plan is to make more available in the future. If we do then they’ll be a combination of free and premium ones.

Cheers,
Joe

Thanks Joe, that’s good to hear!

On 6 May 2016, 11:39 am, David King wrote:

Well not very happy here especially as I have been waiting all week to build a new gallery. Just installed new Exhibeo to replace previous edition and upgraded Freeway to 7.1.3. Imported pictures, set all requirements and exported to Freeway. In Freeway built new page set the Exhibeo action and imported the gallery. First picture shows in action as normal. Go to preview to view slide show - nothing - just two question marks in top corners. Have done everything as before so am I doing something wrong now?

Dave, have you installed the new Exhibeo 2 action?


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

As I messed up my reply above while trying to do ‘quotes’, can someone tell me how to do it correctly and how to edit previous posts?


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 6 May 2016, 11:46 am, Iain Mackenzie wrote:

Dave, have you installed the new Exhibeo 2 action?

Thanks for you answer. I have upgraded to the new Freeway which has the Exhibeo action in it as before. Should I have installed another one? If so where is it? T


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

You need the v2 action. Look under Help in Freeway.


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 6 May 2016, at 13:00, Iain Mackenzie email@hidden wrote:

You need the v2 action. Look under Help in Freeway.

Help in Exhibeo*


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 6 May 2016, 12:14 pm, Joe Billings wrote:

On 6 May 2016, at 13:00, Iain Mackenzie wrote:

You need the v2 action. Look under Help in Freeway.

Help in Exhibeo*

Eh, duh! I’ll go and stand in the corner for a while!


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 6 May 2016, 12:14 pm, Joe Billings wrote:

On 6 May 2016, at 13:00, Iain Mackenzie

Thanks very much - missed that and now all working ok.


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Joe,

Can I suggest, as various people are struggling with this, that it is made a lot more obvious that there is a need to install a new action.

I only knew because of other people’s complaints in the other thread on this!


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I’m on it now!


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 6 May 2016, 10:32 am, Joe Billings wrote:

I completely understand what you’re saying about themes. It was always my intention to have more for this release but they were taking a lot longer to develop than I had anticipated so I took the decision to release with the one. My plan is to make more available in the future. If we do then they’ll be a combination of free and premium ones.

Excellent. Just what I was hoping to hear.


Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options