Exhibeo with SSL/HTTPS (from FW)

I’ve been waiting for XWay to have Exhibeo support, prior to moving my site across to XWay and now that it’s here, I’m about to start… however…

A few days ago I switched my site across to HTTPS. In FW I changed the markup for some of my image galleries which use Juicebox to HTTPS and that worked perfectly and simply. I use the Exhibeo Action for some other image galleries and these have stopped working. Pages are blank. I can’t find anywhere that I would need to change anything in FW to get them working again except maybe the Upload settings which currently have my website name as just www. and not http://www.

Can anyone suggest what I could do to fix this? I currently have both HTTP and HTTPS viewable via my webhost settings, but either way, the Exhibeo galleries don’t show up.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi Grant,

Does Safari report any errors when you “View Source” for these pages?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri20948/mac

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy (Happy New Year!)

I should have given you an example link… this is for a client site - UGP

I’m getting some errors which I need to fix, but not for Exhibeo:

GS-HTTPS-errors.jpg

Is the Exhibeo gallery called “Exhibeo”?

I can see a box called “Exhibeo” inside another box called “Exhibeo-box” - but the inner box is empty and the outer box does not contain any other content:

Jeremy

The file is called:

UGP-portraits.exhibeo

Is that the Exhibeo file that exported the gallery?

I don’t see an Exhibeo gallery on the page you linked to ( https://www.grantsymon.com/c/UneGlaceParis/ugp-portraits.html ), but I do see an empty box that has an “Exhibeo” ID and presumably corresponds to a box called “Exhibeo” in your Freeway document. So it seems like the gallery isn’t being published by Freeway.

Something that might be worth checking is: are you using the Exhibeo 2 Action (rather than the original Exhibeo Action) in Freeway?

Jeremy

Yes, I named the box in FW (Name/ID)- ‘Exhibeo’.

I’m using the action ‘Exhibeo 2 Import’

I think there’s a problem with the Resources not being found… I’ll sort that out and hopefully it’ll fix it.

I don’t know how, but a large amount of the Resources have gotten messed up.

So going through and updating via the Edit Resources window, is slow but okay… until I come to everything that is inside the .xbExport file, which being a Package, I can’t access the files within it from the Edit Resources Dialog, in order to update the Resources. :confused:

I’ve tried re-running the Action for a gallery (redoing Select in the Actions window) but it hasn’t changed anything.

I’ve also tried going back to a previous vs of my FW file, via Time Machine, but it produced the same errors.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Re. selecting the gallery in the Actions window, did you try first selecting None and then selecting the gallery? That can clear things up in a way that selecting the same export package might not.

Simon

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 3:52 PM grantsymon <email@hidden> wrote:

I don’t know how, but a large amount of the Resources have gotten messed up.

So going through and updating via the Edit Resources window, is slow but okay… until I come to everything that is inside the .xbExport file, which being a Package, I can’t access the files within it from the Edit Resources Dialog, in order to update the Resources. :confused:

I’ve tried re-running the Action for a gallery (redoing Select in the Actions window) but it hasn’t changed anything.

I’ve also tried going back to a previous vs of my FW file, via Time Machine, but it produced the same errors.

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Thanks for the reply Simon.

In the end, re-installing the Exhibeo Action, then subsequently re-selecting the appropriate .xbExport files, forced them to re-upload.

FWIW, this is on a Mac that is used exclusively for FW, so I suppose the Exhibeo update may have caused a problem for the Action…

Anyway, all good now.