[Express] banner ad

I have a Freeway Express website for a business. My business has been offered a free banner ad on another website. They specify it must be 235 pixels wide by 60 pixels tall, or 120 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall.

I have sent jpegs to other websites before for ads. But I do not know how to produce something that is a certain size in pixels. Is that something I can do in Freeway Express? I don’t get if I need to send them code, or a jpeg, and I do not know any way to size a jpeg to a pixel size. Do I create a graphic in Freeway Express set to the desired size, then send them the code?

Thanks!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

A banner ad for another website would probably be required in jpeg format. Freeway is for producing websites - not for ad artwork. I’m sure they wouldn’t want any code.
I use Photoshop, where you can specify an exact size in pixels and produce a jpeg or an animated gif. What have you done before to produce ads and was that not to a particular size?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Can’t remember how I got close to right size, actually, but I produced the graphic in Pages and turned it into a PDF then a jpeg with Adobe Acrobat Pro. It worked. I don’t have Photoshop…sounds like that’s the ticket.

What I have done this time is produce the graphic in Freeway, sizing the graphic box to the right pixels with inspector, and hyperlinking it to my website, on a spare website page. Then I uploaded it, used “develop” in Safari to get the URL of the image and sent that link to the website.

I have another website with whom I advertise that said I could send them an image URL or a jpeg for a similar thing, so I am hoping this will work for these folks, too.

If not, I’ll still be wondering how to size a jpeg to an exact size in pixels.
If anyone with Photoshop can tell me what those pixel numbers translate to in inches or cm, that would be awesome. Thank you!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You can select any item on a FW page and use File> Export to save it in many Graphic formats.

Create and size your banner item (in pixels) then select it and File>Export

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That sounds absolutely perfect, but I do not see any Export in my File choices. I’m working with Freeway 5.5 Express.

Thank you!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sorry - I spoke too soon.

Express doesn’t have this option.

However you could still create your artwork in FWE and take a screenshot of it.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

you could still create your artwork in FWE

And ask someone with Pro to take your Express doc and export it for you.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks. Quality’s probably too poor that way…screen shot looks a bit fuzzy compared to the real thing. Maybe I can import the screen shot into Pages and get the right size that way, though.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If anyone with Pro wants to do that for me, that would be lovely, too.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If anyone with Pro wants to do that for me, that would be lovely, too

Make it in FW then post a link to download the zipped FW archive (make sure that you make an Archive) and I am sure that someone will be happy to help.

File>Save Archive (I know that option is available)

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve got the archive made and zipped. Now I should upload that to my website and post the link here?

How do the jpegs get back to me?

Thank you!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve got the archive made and zipped. Now I should upload that to my website and post the link here?

How do the jpegs get back to me?

Add your contact email onto your account page and members can access it.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks. I’m a little concerned about the spam possibilities of posting my email address on the internet, but I did figure out that I could put a screen shot of the graphic into Pages, then compose the graphic over again, on top of the original made in FW to get the right size. Then I’ll PDF and jpeg it, if it turns out they need a jpeg. If that doesn’t work, I’ll be back with the zipped archive! Very much appreciate your help!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just so you (and others) know, only members can see your address. We are a pretty trustworthy bunch, and have proven over the years to keep the spammers and bots out.

Walter

On Jun 24, 2015, at 9:35 AM, KDE email@hidden wrote:

Thanks. I’m a little concerned about the spam possibilities of posting my email address on the internet, but I did figure out that I could put a screen shot of the graphic into Pages, then compose the graphic over again, on top of the original made in FW to get the right size. Then I’ll PDF and jpeg it, if it turns out they need a jpeg. If that doesn’t work, I’ll be back with the zipped archive! Very much appreciate your help!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden