[Express] Copy/pasting tables

Hello. I’m trying out this WYSIWYG editor along with BlueGriffon as my old Dreamweaver is getting bloated and expensive. However, one good thing about DW is that I can copy/paste tables from Excel easily into the HTML.

With Freeway, I cannot select tables easily. Each TD feels like DIVs. Is there a smart way to copy the portions of a table in Freeway, then “paste” over them from Excel to easily change large tables? Truly hope this is possible.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

If you export your table in comma-separated or tab-separated text format, you can import it easily into Freeway. Draw a table with one row, the width of your data (number of columns). Export your CSV file from Excel. Place the text cursor in the first cell of the table in Freeway and choose File / Import Text, and navigate to your source file. Change the picker at the bottom of the import dialog to match the formatting of your text (CSV, Tab-delimited, Space delimited) and press Open. Freeway will fill in the first row of the table, then add a new row and fill that in, and so forth until you are out of data.

Within Freeway, you can copy and paste rows or ranges of rows from one table to another. You can select a row by clicking on the first cell and then shift-clicking on the last, or by hovering your mouse near the left edge of the table until you see a right-facing arrow and clicking.The arrow trick also works for columns, except you hover over the top edge of the table…

Walter

On Jul 1, 2015, at 9:49 PM, Phoenix email@hidden wrote:

Hello. I’m trying out this WYSIWYG editor along with BlueGriffon as my old Dreamweaver is getting bloated and expensive. However, one good thing about DW is that I can copy/paste tables from Excel easily into the HTML.

With Freeway, I cannot select tables easily. Each TD feels like DIVs. Is there a smart way to copy the portions of a table in Freeway, then “paste” over them from Excel to easily change large tables? Truly hope this is possible.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options