[Express] Freeway Express files not showing up

While working on a page, I must have used the “undo” too many times looking for a result and it removed a page that were just created. I then uploaded and a page was missing. The html file was missing from the site folder as were images. I didn’t know the undo command went past the last save, if that is what happened. It could have been some kind of corruption of a file, but it does not seem like it.

So I went back in Time Machine (Mac), and restored to a previous site folder before I messed it up. Now the files are all correct in the website folder, but when opening Freeway Express 6.1.2, the html page is not shown on the site list on the left of the page.

I’m looking for a solution to this so I can recover.

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Freeway’s Site Folder is just a cache of the published files. Once they have been created and uploaded, they are only used while previewing locally (Preview in Browser).

The one true record of what your site really is is the .freeway document, which Freeway opens and updates. If you delete all the files from the Site Folder and publish from within Freeway, the pages currently defined within the .freeway document will be created again in the Site Folder.

So if you can recover the .freeway file through TimeMachine, you will be all set. You won’t need the Site Folder or any of its contents.

Walter

On Oct 13, 2017, at 11:47 AM, Joe LaCour email@hidden wrote:

While working on a page, I must have used the “undo” too many times looking for a result and it removed a page that were just created. I then uploaded and a page was missing. The html file was missing from the site folder as were images. I didn’t know the undo command went past the last save, if that is what happened. It could have been some kind of corruption of a file, but it does not seem like it.

So I went back in Time Machine (Mac), and restored to a previous site folder before I messed it up. Now the files are all correct in the website folder, but when opening Freeway Express 6.1.2, the html page is not shown on the site list on the left of the page.

I’m looking for a solution to this so I can recover.

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options