[Express] Freeway Express

Walter, I followed your your first paragraph using one of the images which weren’t saving in my original document and everything worked. I could also save this image, and some of the others, in the new document, which seems to suggest that the images themselves are OK.

For the second paragraph I went to Document Setup and then selected the Site Folder which opened up showing all the contents which were greyed out, at which point I couldn’t see how to force Freeway to re-create the entire site.

The Freeway Manual gave two ways of getting a fresh site -

‘You can do this in two ways. Either choose a new site folder using the Document Setup command on the File menu or use the Publish Everything command. Publish Everything forces Freeway to completely regenerate your site HTML from the document and is a useful way of ensuring that everything is up-to-date.
To use the Publish Everything command, hold down the Control key and choose Publish Everything from the File menu.’

I followed the Publish Everything method and the progress bar showed that it worked, so I hope that matches what you intended even though it isn’t exactly as you suggested.

Once that was completed I opened up my original document and tried placing one of the images again and saving, disappointingly, up came the same ‘can’t save’ message.

So these images will save in a new document, but not in the existing one even though it has been re-created (well I hope it has via the Publish Everything mode).

The only font used in the document is Helvetica from the list in the Inspector, in 14, 18 and 20 sizes.

Re Freeway preferences -

General - not ticked are Enable AppleScript in Actions (I haven’t used Actions anyway) and Check for updates at startup
Text - set at More readable
and Appearance, Guides and Labels haven’t been altered from the start.

Maybe I should just create another document and put this batch of images in there, given that it did save them when I tried it.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: