[Express] text query

I’m new to Freeway Express and am struggling with lots of things at present, so apologies if this seems a very basic query. I’m trying to type some html text directly onto a page in the form of a list that has 4 separate titles along the top. As I type each title I leave a set number of spaces between each one but when I preview the result the spaces are not showing and all the titles have run together forming one long line of text. Is there a way of setting some form of tabulation to get round this.? I know I could use the ‘table’ option but it looks too ‘clunky’ and I don’t want the list to be contained within a boxy sort of arrangement. Thanks for any help you can provide.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

In HTML, all spaces (all whitespace – tabs and line-breaks, too) collapse into a single visible space. There is no difference between this:

word       word

and this:

word word

If you want to lay out a tabular data structure, use a table – that’s what they are for. You can easily make the borders of the table invisible by setting border to 0. If you want to align other text to these headers, then add additional rows to your table and enter the text there. This is the one good thing tables are actually for.

Walter

On Oct 29, 2015, at 7:30 AM, gibson email@hidden wrote:

I’m new to Freeway Express and am struggling with lots of things at present, so apologies if this seems a very basic query. I’m trying to type some html text directly onto a page in the form of a list that has 4 separate titles along the top. As I type each title I leave a set number of spaces between each one but when I preview the result the spaces are not showing and all the titles have run together forming one long line of text. Is there a way of setting some form of tabulation to get round this.? I know I could use the ‘table’ option but it looks too ‘clunky’ and I don’t want the list to be contained within a boxy sort of arrangement. Thanks for any help you can provide.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks very much Walter, I’ll give the tables another go then.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden